5960X OC Help. Is this any good for Haswell-E?

Hey Guys I am trying to push my OC and not sure if this is any good.

CPU: i7 5960X

Clock: 4.6ghz all 8 cores

Voltage:1.3v

Ram: 64GB @2400 Mhz

Max Temp on the CPU is 78 Degree C with Aida 64.
Highest Cinebench run so far is 1766

*Cant seems to push it over 4.6 cuz it will be a deadlock at any voltage.

Any opinion or suggestion is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot (22).png

1 minute ago, EnemySp0tt3d said:

That is amazing for a 5960x considering that is clocked at 3 ghz stock. 

Really anything overclock that is over 1 ghz is good

But at that voltage is it consider as losing the silicon lottery/medium or winning? I am really confused since googling does not provide much info about the 5960X OC at all.

Just now, DavidCambotech said:

But at that voltage is it consider as losing the silicon lottery/medium or winning? I am really confused since googling does not provide much info about the 5960X OC at all.

That voltage is fine and perfectly safe.

Just now, EnemySp0tt3d said:

That voltage is fine and perfectly safe.

Well I know it is fine at 1.3v but do you think getting that 4.6ghz with 1.3v is a good oc or not? If not then what clock speed should i get for 5960x at 1.3v? Thanks for doing any research. Forgive my bad English.

Well don't have experiance ocing that processor but honestly it seems to me you won silicon lottery its a good oc if its stable that is :D

3 minutes ago, Lostlogger said:

Well don't have experiance ocing that processor but honestly it seems to me you won silicon lottery its a good oc if its stable that is :D

Did I really win silicon lottery? Yes it is stable bro. In games, benchmarks and stress tests. How do you know I won bro?

1 hour ago, DavidCambotech said:

Screenshot (22).png

1 hour ago, DavidCambotech said:

Did I really win silicon lottery? Yes it is stable bro. In games, benchmarks and stress tests. How do you know I won bro?

According to Asus, you have a good chip, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a lottery winner.  Great job on the overclock.  

For some reason I can't view your attached image.  What it is?

I have two overclock profiles for my 5960x that I use daily.  The first one is a  4.7 CPU and 4.6 cache and the second is a 4.8 CPU 4.6 cache using Asus' TCT.   4.6 requires around 1.28v to 1.29v if memory serves me correctly.

At 4.7, I get just over 1900cb in Cinebench.  At 4.8, I scored a best of 1968cb.  

What are you running your CPU cache at?  That's a big part of the overclock as well and will greatly improve your Cinebench R15 score especially with the 5960x.  Memory and cache have a big impact on Cinebench scores.

Untitled.jpg

1968-196 zoom.jpg 

9 hours ago, done12many2 said:

According to Asus, you have a good chip, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a lottery winner.  Great job on the overclock.  

I have two overclock profiles for my 5960x that I use daily.  The first one is a  4.7 CPU and 4.6 cache and the second is a 4.8 CPU 4.6 cache using Asus' TCT.   4.6 requires around 1.28v to 1.29v if memory serves me correctly.

At 4.7, I get just over 1900cb in Cinebench.  At 4.8, I scored a best of 1968cb.  

What are you running your CPU cache at?  That's a big part of the overclock as well and will greatly improve your Cinebench R15 score especially with the 5960x.  Memory and cache have a big impact on Cinebench scores.

Untitled.jpg

1968-196 zoom.jpg 

I will check it later when i get home and will show u ok bro?

16 hours ago, done12many2 said:

Untitled.jpg

1968-196 zoom.jpg 

Hey Bro can you tell me all the OC settings that you change in your bios? Im kinda noob and I use different motherboard. Please kindly tell me all ok? Cuz all i change is the multiplier. Did not change the base clock.

2 minutes ago, DavidCambotech said:

Hey Bro can you tell me all the OC settings that you change in your bios? Im kinda noob and I use different motherboard. Please kindly tell me all ok? Cuz all i change is the multiplier. Did not change the base clock.

I run a stock BLCK myself.  No real need to mess with that unless you're trying to squeeze every last bit out of your overclock.  Stick with multiplier and CPU voltage.  I can explain anything that your curious about, but giving you my settings is not going to help your overclock in the least bit.  

What cache speed are you running?

What tests did you enable during your AIDA64 stability test?  Did you just use the default selected tests?

51 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

I run a stock BLCK myself.  No real need to mess with that unless you're trying to squeeze every last bit out of your overclock.  Stick with multiplier and CPU voltage.  I can explain anything that your curious about, but giving you my settings is not going to help your overclock in the least bit.  

What cache speed are you running?

What tests did you enable during your AIDA64 stability test?  Did you just use the default selected tests?

Because i dont know what else to be changed. I just change the multiplier to 46 and voltage to 1.3v No idea what else you are talking about. Thats why i need to know what did you change.

Just now, DavidCambotech said:

Because i dont know what else to be changed. I just change the multiplier to 46 and voltage to 1.3v No idea what else you are talking about. Thats why i need to know what did you change.

So for the third time.  What are you running your cache speed at?

Just now, done12many2 said:

So for the third time.  What are you running your cache speed at?

I told you I didnt change anything else except the multiplier and voltage. I didnt touch anything else how am i supposed to know what the cache speed at?

1 minute ago, DavidCambotech said:

I told you I didnt change anything else except the multiplier and voltage. I didnt touch anything else how am i supposed to know what the cache speed at?

I'll assume that since your memory is running at 2400 MHz, that you changed a bit more than just the multiplier and voltage otherwise your memory would be running at 2133 by default.

If you set XMP, which is probably what you did, then most XMP profiles change your CPU cache to 31 min / 31 max.  Does that sound about accurate?

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

I'll assume that since your memory is running at 2400 MHz, that you changed a bit more than just the multiplier and voltage otherwise your memory would be running at 2133 by default.

If you set XMP, which is probably what you did, then most XMP profiles change your CPU cache to 31 min / 31 max.  Does that sound about accurate?

Bro can you show me a photo of your bios? I really want to know what the settings are so that I can understand what is what... Now I clearly have no idea what the cache speed is at cuz I dont see that with my board Bios.

19 hours ago, DavidCambotech said:

Screenshot (22).png

That's a good chip.

Took 1.325 volts and some blck tuning to get mine over 4.6 stable.

Hit about 85ish under aida

CPU: I7 5960X @4612 MHZ/1.325Vcore | Cooler: Full custom loop | Mobo: Asus X-99A | GPU: 2 EVGA 980 TI Classifieds | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GBs 3200 MHZ | Storage: Samsung SM951 512 GB M.2 Drive, Mushkin Eco2 512 GB SSD, Muskin Chronos 480 GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX 1000i | Case: Fractal define R5 | Monitor: LG 34UC87M-B

2 minutes ago, DavidCambotech said:

Bro can you show me a photo of your bios? I really want to know what the settings are so that I can understand what is what... Now I clearly have no idea what the cache speed is at cuz I dont see that with my board Bios.

I don't think you understand the problem with what you're asking.  My settings will not work for your CPU.  Each chip is different and unique to itself.  As one small example, your chip may have a shitty IMC requiring more VCCSA and/or VCCIO to make up for it.  If you copy my settings, that wont work.  You have to determine what your specific chip needs.

3 minutes ago, z97 said:

That's a good chip.

He will probably need more CPU voltage before it's all said and done.  At completely stock cache and running memory at 2400 MHz, his CPU isn't being pushed quite as hard as one with elevated cache and memory.  Once it is, generally they will require more voltage to remain stable.

I don't think you understand the problem with what you're asking.  My settings will not work for your CPU.  Each chip is different and unique to itself.  As one small example, your chip may have a shitty IMC requiring more VCCSA and/or VCCIO to make up for it.  If you copy my settings, that wont work.  You have to determine what your specific chip needs.

Bro like i told you. I am not copying your settings. I just want to know what can be changed or tuned. I told you I am a noob and I need help. Why cant you just show me your bios settings?

He will probably need more CPU voltage before it's all said and done.  At completely stock cache and running memory at 2400 MHz, his CPU isn't being pushed quite as hard as one with elevated cache and memory.  Once it is, generally they will require more voltage to remain stable.

Only time will tell haha.

Did you ever delid yours?

CPU: I7 5960X @4612 MHZ/1.325Vcore | Cooler: Full custom loop | Mobo: Asus X-99A | GPU: 2 EVGA 980 TI Classifieds | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GBs 3200 MHZ | Storage: Samsung SM951 512 GB M.2 Drive, Mushkin Eco2 512 GB SSD, Muskin Chronos 480 GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX 1000i | Case: Fractal define R5 | Monitor: LG 34UC87M-B

7 minutes ago, z97 said:

That's a good chip.

How did you OC bro? Would you mind telling me all the settings you touched? Or maybe a photo of the bios? I would really appreciate it bro.

Bro like i told you. I am not copying your settings. I just want to know what can be changed or tuned. I told you I am a noob and I need help. Why cant you just show me your bios settings?

Because they are classified!  If you look really close on the screen shot of my desktop earlier in this thread, you can see all of my voltages.  Just sayin'

I'll grab you some screen shots of my BIOS settings in a few.

What motherboard are you running?  

How did you OC bro? Would you mind telling me all the settings you touched? Or maybe a photo of the bios? I would really appreciate it bro.

CPU is at 45

Voltage 1.325

BLCK is 102.5