PLEASE HELP, game crashing, found no fix

I could be being silly but have you checked your power management menu? I had a somewhat similar problem where games kept crashing and I found out eventually that I had my PCI power settings set to energy saving instead of max performance. 

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

27 minutes ago, Miguel Batista said:

I could be being silly but have you checked your power management menu? I had a somewhat similar problem where games kept crashing and I found out eventually that I had my PCI power settings set to energy saving instead of max performance. 

how does 1 do this?

10 hours ago, Richdogbignob said:

how does 1 do this?

Windows settings, power options, go to advanced on your power scheme and change the pci option.

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

11 hours ago, Miguel Batista said:

Windows settings, power options, go to advanced on your power scheme and change the pci option.

still doesn't work :(

2 hours ago, Richdogbignob said:

still doesn't work :(

Test the games with integrated gpu and someone else's gpu (you could also try to get a second hand cheap gpu if you know of no one with a gpu that you can use fpr a couple of hours) and see if the problem persists. If it does not, rma the gpu. If it does it is a mobo problem probably. Could be pci connector (well, first of all, change the pci slot of the gpu to test it) or it could be even your cpu being wonky and not making draw calls as it should... Possibilities are endless. Get cracking ;)

18 hours ago, Miguel Batista said:

Test the games with integrated gpu and someone else's gpu (you could also try to get a second hand cheap gpu if you know of no one with a gpu that you can use fpr a couple of hours) and see if the problem persists. If it does not, rma the gpu. If it does it is a mobo problem probably. Could be pci connector (well, first of all, change the pci slot of the gpu to test it) or it could be even your cpu being wonky and not making draw calls as it should... Possibilities are endless. Get cracking ;)

if my gpu is fked i will so pissed, its brand new as well. I shall try this

19 hours ago, Miguel Batista said:

OMG YOU ARE MY HERO, it turns out my brand new gtx1070 is at fault as the integrated graphics runs the games. The next step is: what do I do know about the graphics card.....

20 hours ago, Miguel Batista said:

ok quick edit, just turned my 1070 back on and it works fine.... i wonder what happend...

12 hours ago, Richdogbignob said:

ok quick edit, just turned my 1070 back on and it works fine.... i wonder what happend...

Glad you fixed it. Could be the gpu was not settled correctly. It hapens.

Enjoy your new rig :)

9 hours ago, Miguel Batista said:

Glad you fixed it. Could be the gpu was not settled correctly. It hapens.

Enjoy your new rig :)

not gonna believe this... just started my pc today and the problem occurred again, just disabled the gpu and problem has now even occurred with the integrated graphics, im so done right now... :/

On 31/08/2016 at 6:16 PM, Richdogbignob said:

not gonna believe this... just started my pc today and the problem occurred again, just disabled the gpu and problem has now even occurred with the integrated graphics, im so done right now... :/

Hmmm. That means it is not your gpu at fault. Could be cpu or mobo. Run a cpu stress test and see if it crashes. Run valley or heaven too and check if the crash still ocours.

Do you have an over clock?

On 02/09/2016 at 5:58 PM, Miguel Batista said:

Hmmm. That means it is not your gpu at fault. Could be cpu or mobo. Run a cpu stress test and see if it crashes. Run valley or heaven too and check if the crash still ocours.

Do you have an over clock?

Yeah 15%, i will run a stress test to see