What are my chances?

I have a few questions, I will ask them and then provide some information.

• Best program to apply for Japanese exchange program?
  • Is it possible for someone (my cousin) to apply and we be together with the same host family?
  • Any recommendations of any sort.

So now that you know what I am looking for, let me give you a little information. I am a Junior in American high school, and I plan on my senior year for at least a semester being an exchange student. My mom was an exchange student with the Rotary Club to England, but that was 20 years ago when they didn't have internet so she doesn't really know how to help me here. I want to go to Japan for a few reasons (not in any specific order): History, Sailplanes, Culture, Weaboo. I am a big history buff, and I am a huge fan of the Yamato battleship and would like to go and see the place it was laid. I also love the idea of respect in the country, as everyone respects one another  there from what I have heard from exchange students that have already been there. I also fly sailplanes, however I have never flown one in another country, so I would like Japan to be the first, as when I plan on going (2017-2018 school year) I will have my Private Pilot license. And lastly I plan on going because I am a weeaboo, no hiding it. Now some important details, me and my cousin, who has similar interests would like to go to Japan at the same time, and possibly stay with the same host family. Does anyone know of any companies that this might be possible with? Thanks! 

The only advice would be first to speak with your high school's guidance councilor(s) they should be able to guide through the process or at the very least provide a starting point for your research.  

Just now, S1lent_5am said:

The only advice would be first to speak with your high school's guidance councilor(s) they should be able to guide through the process or at the very least provide a starting point for your research.  

I go to a very small school so I am doubting that they would know anything about it :/