CPU question?

Which is actually better in performnce for somehow a long term

the athlon x4 860k or th g4400?

1 hour ago, Robitzu said:

Which is actually better in performnce for somehow a long term

the athlon x4 860k or th g4400?

It depends on what you want to do, and what you mean by long term.

Following this comparison, the G4400 will be substantially better in single threaded performance, while the 860K will be substantially better in multithreaded cases. hence, your experience will differ depending what you use your PC for, and even which programs you specifically use (some games will benefit from multithreaded performance, other, typically older games, will just run in one thread). There's no dual core comparison, but I assume the G4400 will keep its lead there too, while the 860K will surpass it once the Pentium runs out of physical cores.

Regarding long term:

- if you mean keeping the same computer for a long time, it's basically the same answer as before: it depends on what you do. The one performing better today in the tasks you care about will also perform better in the same tasks as time goes by. The only issue would be if the same tasks (for example, gaming) gradually shift from single thread to multiple threads, in which case the 860K would be better in the long run.

- if you consider upgrading the computer as part of the long term plan, the G4400 would be better: (a) there will be at least one more generation of CPUs on the 1151 socket, while the FM2+ is done, and (b) even if no new CPUs come along for either socket, the current lineup for the 1151 would allow you to install a much, much better CPU than any of those (as long as you get a motherboard which is not too limited in CPU support), while the FM2+ lineup is basically maxed out at the 860K or 880K (which is marginally faster but basically the same CPU).

TL, DR: with zero upgrades, whichever is faster today in applications you care about. With future upgrades, G4400.

(post appeared twice, don't know why)

Edited by SpaceGhostC2C
I couldn't find a way to delete it

The next upgrade Will Be somewhere în 2021-2022 when i,ll have my own money, anyway i.d chose the one that runs raster în games and some other voip programe opend up. I think i.d go for the athlon

The next upgrade Will Be somewhere în 2021-2022 when i,ll have my own money, anyway i.d chose the one that runs faster în games and some other voip programs opend up. I think i.d go for the athlon