I am so frustrated

xgn

WHY DO mobo manufacturers put their power connectors on the top ??

I did manage to connect 1 of them. But then right next to it is another. The tight space there has a height of 160mm. I tried to remove the roof ot the case.

To do so i had to remove 8 screws. Only to figure out one were so overtight it was impossible to remove it after removing also the screws from 3 fans.

I already broke 1 mic connector out of frustration. I think its still functional but it did break the plastic connector.

I would be done by now if i had just seen this before i screwed in the motherboard. I cant even get it OUT. Because i cannot get out the GPU. I dont know what you are suppose to do but it just wont move. I cant force it.

I manage to barely touch the lever under the gpu if i remove 1 ram dimm. Nothing happens.

I hope i will be able to insert this stupid cable. Otherwise i would have to break the case or make it look really ugly. Which i obviously dont want.

So its on time to put the whole thing on hold. Because of this one stupid thing its been taking 5 hours.

DSC_0062.JPG

You cant even see it there sigh but its next to the other one. On the right side.

faafaf.png

Are you plugging on the right connector?

The 2pin that is sticking out looks like part of a 6+2 pcie connector and not a 4+4 eps cpu power connector.

Also can you remove the top of the case or is it rivited on, some manufacturers of better cases make it so the top can come off.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

10 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

Are you plugging on the right connector?

The 2pin that is sticking out looks like part of a 6+2 pcie connector and not a 4+4 eps cpu power connector.

Also can you remove the top of the case or is it rivited on, some manufacturers of better cases make it so the top can come off.

yes the cable have 2x  6+2 connectors.  on 1 end. 8x on the other for the power supply. So im trying to use the other 6 connector of the same.

If i can do it with another cable im happy with that. But that is just as hard.

10 minutes ago, Thread212 said:

i never have any problem with those thing.
and ur pic is so confusing.
a video will be much better.

Added another picture. Honestly would be a boring video ;)

1 minute ago, Thread212 said:

wow.. that mobo sucks..
what motherboard did u use?
usually CPU power slot is located next or near the cpu socket.. not on top like that.

Asus x99-E .... Dont buy it.

Just now, Thread212 said:

its all about cable management.
i am sure u can manage it if u keep trying and figure it out.

I will. But im done working on this for today. I will think of any other tool i can use to reach the connector down there.

34 minutes ago, xgn said:

yes the cable have 2x  6+2 connectors.  on 1 end. 8x on the other for the power supply. So im trying to use the other 6 connector of the same.

If i can do it with another cable im happy with that. But that is just as hard.

The 6+2 pin connectors are for pcie devices such as graphics cards and will not work in the 4 pin connector on the motherboard, as they have different pinouts.

Use the 4pin connectors for the motherboard, it most likely is another 8 pin that splits into 2 4pin connectors.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •