Crucial MX300

Kobathor

Hello! I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 15 7559 Gaming, and the only drive in this thing is a 5400RPM SSHD. Booting is relatively slow, and I'm experiencing a horrendous start time for apps the first time I open them each boot, especially if I start them right after I boot or wake up from sleep. I want to alleviate these problems by buying an SSD (I have two in my main rig.) Luckily, this laptop has an open M.2 2280 SATA slot. I was looking around for SSD's, and while the 850 EVO 250GB is my first choice, it costs $100 USD (I paid $75 for the 250GB in my desktop.) So, I'm looking elsewhere.

But, I've found a drive that I've never even heard of until now, using Micron's 3D NAND- the Crucial MX300. I'm looking at getting the 275GB model, which is on sale for $70 at my local Micro Center. It sounds like a good deal, and reviews say that it's a decent drive (even though reviews are very scarce- the drive was only released a couple months ago.) Micron's 3D NAND is very durable, and enabling Momentum Cache makes the drive pretty quick.

Does anybody have any horrible experiences with this drive? It's relatively new, and Amazon reviews seem REALLY happy with them.

I used to be quite active here.

I have the 960GB BX200 Crucial SSD for about 8 months now. Been a happy camper. Considering that the drive you looking at is the newer version with 3D NAND, you should be fine. Hell you get a 3 year warranty, just back up your stuff(you should be anyway) if you are worried about corruption.

Spoiler

CPU: i7 5930k  |  Motherboard: EVGA X99 Classified  |  RAM: 32 GB Crucial DDR4  |  GPU:  R9 290 Reference Tri-Crossfire w/Kraken g10 mod  | Case: Corsair 780t  |  Storage: Sandisk 960GB SSD, Crucial 960GB SSD, 128GB Sandisk SSD, Seagate 2TB Hard Drive, Seagate Archive Drive 8TB, HGST Deskstar 4TB  |  PSU: Rosewill Gold Lightning-1300, Display(s): Nixeus Vue 24"144Hz FreeSync, 50in TV, Yiynova MVP22U(V3) Tablet Monitor w/ Mechanical Arm  |  Cooling: Cosair H55, H105, 2*Kraken X41  |  Keyboard:  Rosewill Mechanical Brown Keyboard| Mouse: MX Master, G602  | Sound:  Sennheiser HD 700, Westone W40, SoundBlaster e5, Fiio e18