Should I buy a 6700K

I have the cash to buy it right now, but Kaby Lake and Zen are right around the corner, I have a laptop to use right now, should I wait or should I just go for a 6700k?

It all depends on how much you need it right now, if the laptop is still good enough just wait and see what the new lineup brings

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

3 minutes ago, MicrosoftCertTechnician said:

I have the cash to buy it right now, but Kaby Lake and Zen are right around the corner, I have a laptop to use right now, should I wait or should I just go for a 6700k?

Depends on how patient you are. There is always new tech right around the corner. If you want more future proofness just wait but its fine to buy right now as well.

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

Have you considered an i7 5820k? 2011-3 socket leaves some more room for future upgrades and the 5820k kicks nuts. But I don't know your budget, might be too expensive.

3 minutes ago, Mobby Dick said:

Have you considered an i7 5820k? 2011-3 socket leaves some more room for future upgrades and the 5820k kicks nuts. But I don't know your budget, might be too expensive.

I think 5820k is gonna be an overkill for me, moreover 2011 socket motherboards are abit expenisve

2 minutes ago, MicrosoftCertTechnician said:

I think 5820k is gonna be an overkill for me, moreover 2011 socket motherboards are abit expenisve

Then personally I would get the 6700k now, since I am not very patient. However, if you are and the laptop is enough for your needs atm, you can also wait for Zen and Kaby Lake :) 

Just now, Mobby Dick said:

Then personally I would get the 6700k now, since I am not very patient. However, if you are and the laptop is enough for your needs atm, you can also wait for Zen and Kaby Lake :) 

My laptop has a 4 th Gen i7, so I think I can wait