doa battery fix possible?

i recently bought a refurbished asus ux31la-us51t (or something like that) and my battery (along with over half the people who reviewed it) came doa. there is a 30 day replacement policy, but i already have quite a bit of stuff on it (benchmarking apps and steam/games). is there any way to fix this issue without having to take it apart? i doubt there is, but if there is a way to fix it, could you please either leave a link to a video or article, or just tell me straight up on the forums? thanks! :):):)

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Batteries are the last thing you want to go tearing apart to try and DIY fix, trust me on that. Especially high capacity lithium ion batteries like in laptops.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Just now, Atmos said:

Batteries are the last thing you want to go tearing apart to try and DIY fix, trust me on that. Especially high capacity lithium ion batteries like in laptops.

the product page actually said its a lipo so im even more scared lol

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

the product page actually said its a lipo so im even more scared lol

Having had a lipo explode on me, last week, and catch fire, I recommend NOT messing with batteries 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Just now, ShadowCaptain said:

Having had a lipo explode on me, last week, and catch fire, I recommend NOT messing with batteries 

yeah...i watched a video on youtube showing how dangerous lipos are and the guy said "store lipos in a safe place, like a metal box"

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

yeah...i watched a video on youtube showing how dangerous lipos are and the guy said "store lipos in a safe place, like a metal box"

haha I dont do that but I charge them in a fireproof bag

That said these are differnet to laptop batteries but still, dont mess with them 

Get it replaced under the 30 day warranty

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Just now, ShadowCaptain said:

haha I dont do that but I charge them in a fireproof bag

That said these are differnet to laptop batteries but still, dont mess with them 

Get it replaced under the 30 day warranty

yeah i was gonna do that anyways, also since the keyboard backlight isnt working

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

yeah i was gonna do that anyways, also since the keyboard backlight isnt working

seeing as how getting it replaced is the only viable option here do you have a plan as to how you're going to backup all your games?

If they take up a lot of space on your hard drive I'd consider using something like Steam Mover to back them up to an external hard drive. I hear it's much faster than reinstalling and downloading which could take forever

Just now, SeamusFrederick said:

seeing as how getting it replaced is the only viable option here do you have a plan as to how you're going to backup all your games?

If they take up a lot of space on your hard drive I'd consider using something like Steam Mover to back them up to an external hard drive. I hear it's much faster than reinstalling and downloading which could take forever

its not the games im worried about, its the mods, since those take like 1 hour to find on the beamng.drive forums and install them

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈