I keep getting DDOSed/Flooded

NicekillBG

So me and my friend who is also getting ddosed every time we join this cs 1.6 jailbreak server and they have banned the guy 6 times !?!?!?! but he keeps getting back

so how do i stop this mayhem 

I didn't know what to put here...

4 minutes ago, NicekillBG said:

So me and my friend who is also getting ddosed every time we join this cs 1.6 jailbreak server and they have banned the guy 6 times !?!?!?! but he keeps getting back

so how do i stop this mayhem 

Don't go on the server?

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Just now, NinjaJc01 said:

Don't go on the server?

we really like the server so yeah

i need an answer not something obvious 

2 minutes ago, NicekillBG said:

we really like the server so yeah

i need an answer not something obvious 

Firewall?

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Just now, NinjaJc01 said:

Firewall?

doesnt do shit

Just now, NicekillBG said:

doesnt do shit

Then contact the server admins. Or host your own server. How do you mean you are being DDOSed only when you go on the server? Surely they could DDOS you at any time?

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, NinjaJc01 said:

Then contact the server admins. Or host your own server. How do you mean you are being DDOSed only when you go on the server? Surely they could DDOS you at any time?

well when  i exit the server and restart my net it doesnt happen again

when they find him out they ban him instantly but he keeps coming back

1 minute ago, NicekillBG said:

well when  i exit the server and restart my net it doesnt happen again

when they find him out they ban him instantly but he keeps coming back

Then get the admins to IP ban him?

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, NinjaJc01 said:

they try to but for some reason they cant

Get your ISP to change your IP then use a VPN to connect. It won't stop the DDOS attacks (unless the VPN has DDOS protection) but it will stop your home network from getting DDOS'ed. Personally I would get a cheap VPS with DDOS protection close to you, setup a PPTP server on it, and call it a day.

-KuJoe

3 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

Get your ISP to change your IP then use a VPN to connect. It won't stop the DDOS attacks (unless the VPN has DDOS protection) but it will stop your home network from getting DDOS'ed. Personally I would get a cheap VPS with DDOS protection close to you, setup a PPTP server on it, and call it a day.

When i find time ill do that thank you

Just now, GreezyJeezy said:

sounds like some made up 10 year old shit to me

what

Try using a VPN with DDoS protection, if you and your friend find the DDoSer's IP address, report it to the authorities, perform a security audit with your ISP, check if anything in your IP address has been affected

1 hour ago, NinjaJc01 said:

That isn't possible because of something called dynamic IP addresses which means that once the scumbag gets banned on one IP address, all they have to do is power down their modem/router and once they start it back up they have a new IP address and blanket banning whole IP address ranges would be really bad since the innocent could be caught in the crossfire.

49 minutes ago, demonix00 said:

That isn't possible because of something called dynamic IP addresses which means that once the scumbag gets banned on one IP address, all they have to do is power down their modem/router and once they start it back up they have a new IP address and blanket banning whole IP address ranges would be really bad since the innocent could be caught in the crossfire.

admins told me the exact same thing

How the hell do you know you are being DDOSed?

Troubleshooting a pc will make you believe in gremlins.

--Thread killer--

2 hours ago, Deagon said:

Insanely (IE: Sub dial up) slow speeds maybe?

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Deagon said:

He once said hey how are you , if you are doing good it ends now

after 3 minutes started lagging and disconnected because of no net

its kinda obvious 

If you really are being ddosed, just open your router and run your traffic through a dmz, once you capture his ip then simply block it from connecting either through the router or a firewall. (if you really are being DDOSed you'll see a ton of traffic from the same ip or a range of similar ips)

--Thread killer--

17 hours ago, Deagon said:

If you really are being ddosed, just open your router and run your traffic through a dmz, once you capture his ip then simply block it from connecting either through the router or a firewall. (if you really are being DDOSed you'll see a ton of traffic from the same ip or a range of similar ips)

Once again, this isn't going to work since a change of IP address can get around any kind of blocking rules on a router or firewall.

6 hours ago, demonix00 said:

Once again, this isn't going to work since a change of IP address can get around any kind of blocking rules on a router or firewall.

Right, so do nothing about it at all that will solve it. 

If this is a really DDOS attack, which I very highly doubt, it will be quite simple to close the ports they are attacking, and close access to the IP's they are using. Whether or not they can switch them, it's just a simple matter of blocking ip's until they give up, or simply close the vulnerable ports. So, unless you have actual help to offer, stop spamming.

--Thread killer--