Help me please

Davlar

So my current PC is getting old and I'am looking to upgrade, I really want to build my PC as it's something I've always wanted too do since I switched to PC but I've got no idea on what to buy, I have a budget of £1,500 which is roughly $2,000 (USD), any suggestions on what to get and in what order, my current setup is good but it is starting to get old as I got the PC in 2011 so rather than just get new parts I would rather get a new PC. So any suggestions would be appreciated on what parts and any tips on building the PC would be great thanks :)

What are you going to use your pc for? Are we talking 4K gaming, Heavy workload video editing or..?

Just now, DJXelos said:

What are you going to use your pc for? Are we talking 4K gaming, Heavy workload video editing or..?

Whatever you go for, get an SSD and a well known motherboard brand

what exactly do you plan on using this build for? You should check out pcpartpicker it'll help you pick everything you need and it'll make sure everything is compatible,

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

2 minutes ago, DJXelos said:

I'm probably going to use it for 4k gaming and video editing 

1 minute ago, Ophidio said:

what exactly do you plan on using this build for? You should check out pcpartpicker it'll help you pick everything you need and it'll make sure everything is compatible,

I would probably use it for 4k gaming and video editing and I will look at the site and see what I can get

Just now, Davlar said:

I'm probably going to use it for 4k gaming and video editing 

aight. I'll throw some different stuff here for your convenience:

MOBO:

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

RAM:

Kingston HyperX FURY 16gb buy more if you need it

GPU:

GeForce GTX 1080

PSU:

CX600M ATX Power Supply Corsair

CPU:

Intel Core i5-6500

The rest is more or less up to you but you should hit about your pricepoint.

This is a serious beast of a PC so if you dont need the horsepower you can tune it down a notch :)

Sweet, I'll try and come up with something. Might bea little difficult for 4k gaming at that price. Do you need a monitor and everything included or do you already have a 4k monitor to play on?

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($319.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($137.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($66.37 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($89.39 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.49 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW DT GAMING Video Card  ($649.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($92.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1494.18
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-15 15:33 EDT-0400

that's what I came up with for you, you'll need to choose a cooler for the chip but this can handle 4k definitely. 

3 minutes ago, DJXelos said:

MOBO:

RAM:

GPU:

GeForce GTX 1080

PSU:

CPU:

Intel Core i5-6500

This is a serious beast of a PC so if you dont need the horsepower you can tune it down a notch :)

Thanks man I'll probably switch some stuff but over all thanks for the suggestion on what to get :)

6 minutes ago, Ophidio said:

Sweet, I'll try and come up with something. Might bea little difficult for 4k gaming at that price. Do you need a monitor and everything included or do you already have a 4k monitor to play on?

I already have a monitor to play on and all my peripherals and thanks btw man :)

3 minutes ago, Ophidio said:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($319.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($137.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($66.37 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($89.39 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.49 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW DT GAMING Video Card  ($649.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($92.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1494.18
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-15 15:33 EDT-0400

that's what I came up with for you, you'll need to choose a cooler for the chip but this can handle 4k definitely. 

Thank you so much man :) that has helped a lot 

8 minutes ago, DJXelos said:

MOBO:

RAM:

GPU:

GeForce GTX 1080

PSU:

CPU:

Intel Core i5-6500

I'm not bashing on the Corsair CX series PSU's but you really shouldn't use anything below a Gold + rated PSU for a build like this. Unless it's a really badass Bronze unit from Seasonic. CX series are like the bottom of the barrel when it comes to bronze units. 

Just now, Davlar said:

Thank you so much man :) that has helped a lot 

I also just realized I made that build in USD so that's definitely going to be under budget for you, you might be able to put two GTX 1080's in it. 

IM MAKIN THAT PAPER, AWWWWWWWW YEA, U LIKE THAT PAPA CUZ I MAKIN IT, BAKIN IT, U WANT IT, THEN GET IT, M8888

MF UH BEANS

2 hours ago, aries757 said:

IM MAKIN THAT PAPER, AWWWWWWWW YEA, U LIKE THAT PAPA CUZ I MAKIN IT, BAKIN IT, U WANT IT, THEN GET IT, M8888

In English please ?

How about X99 ? The extra cpu cores will come in handy for video editing.

The 750W psu will allow for SLI. You can run a 4K monitor on a single GTX 1080 but you might have to lower some settings on certain games.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  (£359.98 @ Novatech) 
Motherboard: MSI X99A Raider ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  (£171.48 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (£54.67 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Samsung 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£61.08 @ Aria PC) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£57.54 @ CCL Computers) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card  (£598.19 @ BT Shop) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox 5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£56.57 @ More Computers) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£99.98 @ Novatech) 
Other: Alpenfohn Matterhorn Black (£41.99)
Total: £1501.48
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-15 23:04 BST+0100