Free sync monitor with nvidia graphics card

So I am picking up the LG 34UM67-P 34” from newegg just because it was on sale. And I have been doing a lot of research about it. So I didn't even realize it had free sync technology and I know I don't have to use it but will the overall performance be determined by that? I have a gtx 980 SC from EVGA. Will it still run that screen resolution without the need of free sync? Anyone else have this monitor or any similar questions/issues.

Just now, JacobiYounger said:

So I am picking up the LG 34UM67-P 34” from newegg just because it was on sale. And I have been doing a lot of research about it. So I didn't even realize it had free sync technology and I know I don't have to use it but will the overall performance be determined by that? I have a gtx 980 SC from EVGA. Will it still run that screen resolution without the need of free sync? Anyone else have this monitor or any similar questions/issues.

it will run fine you just can't use freesync

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

7 hours ago, JacobiYounger said:

You can use it, you just can't make use of Freesync.

11 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

You can use it, you just can make use of Freesync.

you just cant make use of freesync

the display works fine just without the feature

freesync is only usable with a amd GPU

you´ll have to get a g(reed)sync-display to benefit from a "similar" feature

most display that have gsync have a 200buck higher price for nvidias proprietary module 

sadly it doesnt work with a free standard called adaptive sync that comes from the displayport 1.2a standard

2560x1080? why no real 1440p display

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

Now my next question is should I just use a HDMI Cable, or a DVI cable, or the displayport? But I think the display port only works if I am using the AMD card and am going to use free sync correct?

4 hours ago, Thread212 said:

You cant use FREE SYNC with NVIDIA card.
because Free Sync is Amd technology.

Free sync its similar to nvidia g-sync.
it used to eliminate screen tearing and stuttering.

the answer its FINE. u still can run the games smoothly but u cant use free sync.
if u want something similar to free sync..buy a monitor that has G-SYNC in the spec sheet.

Please see my above question thank you!

7 hours ago, JacobiYounger said:

Now my next question is should I just use a HDMI Cable, or a DVI cable, or the displayport? But I think the display port only works if I am using the AMD card and am going to use free sync correct?

Dislayport works just fine with Nvidia, you wont have any quality loss or anything like that, the only thing that you will miss is Freesync

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

7 hours ago, Bl00dgod said:

you just cant make use of freesync

the display works fine just without the feature

freesync is only usable with a amd GPU

you´ll have to get a g(reed)sync-display to benefit from a "similar" feature

most display that have gsync have a 200buck higher price for nvidias proprietary module 

sadly it doesnt work with a free standard called adaptive sync that comes from the displayport 1.2a standard

2560x1080? why no real 1440p display

Severe typo, my bad.

10 hours ago, Thread212 said:

You cant use FREE SYNC with NVIDIA card.
because Free Sync is Amd technology.

Free sync its similar to nvidia g-sync.
it used to eliminate screen tearing and stuttering.

the answer its FINE. u still can run the games smoothly but u cant use free sync.
if u want something similar to free sync..buy a monitor that has G-SYNC in the spec sheet.

If only it didn't cost an extra $150-300...

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro

4 minutes ago, Thread212 said:

sorry i am late..
It depends on what resolution u want and the monitor.
u can use all of that connector.
display port work on all gpu.

now comes to the lesson.

there's 2 type of Dvi.
and 2 varieties.
DVI-I and DVI-D = Dvi-i can carry both digital hdmi signal and Vga signal. while Dvi-d can only carry HDMI signal.
Single link and dual link dvi = Single link can only display 1920x1200 60hz while dual link can support 2k display.
the only cons in dvi is that . cant carry audio or ethernet data and the connector is bulky.

And HDMI
Hdmi 1.4 : has no locking mechanism though all hdmi doesnt have it.
                 didnt support 21:9 aspect ratio and the resolution is limited to 4k at 30 hz. below 4k it support 60hz.

Hdmi 2.0: addresses everything except the locking mechanism. 

So what would be your recommendation for this monitor? Sorry I am asking so many questions. I just want it to be the best for my situation. Now I have a regular HDMI cable and a displayport to HDMI cable. Which should I use or should I just get a full display port connector? Also last question is and I am guessing it doesn't matter which end I put the display port connector in? My computer or my monitor and have the HDMI cable in the other.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Thread212 said:

i updated my post.. make sure u read it if u need it.

I guess my question was.. Which one would be better to use. Sorry for the confusion.