Triple monitor setup needing display port?

arranb1223

Hi Guys,

I am looking into getting 3 monitors and using eyefinity to play games on them. I saw in a video from NCIX Tech Tips that at least one of the monitors need to be using display port but the monitor im looking at only has HDMI and D-Sub.

Is this still true and if so how will I be able to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

PC Specs
CPU: i7 4790 | Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2H | RAM: HyperX Fury 8GB | GPU: GTX 1070 | Case: NZXT S340 | Storage: WD Blue 1TB, Samsung SSD 256GB | PSU: Corsair CS550M | Operating System: Windows 10

1 minute ago, arranb1223 said:

Hi Guys,

I am looking into getting 3 monitors and using eyefinity to play games on them. I saw in a video from NCIX Tech Tips that at least one of the monitors need to be using display port but the monitor im looking at only has HDMI and D-Sub.

Thanks in advance!

Adapters

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance!

It depends on the card your using the recent generation stuff doesn't require you to use DP and you can use any connector on the GPU, not to mention you can always adapter DP. 

I am using an R7 370

PC Specs
CPU: i7 4790 | Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2H | RAM: HyperX Fury 8GB | GPU: GTX 1070 | Case: NZXT S340 | Storage: WD Blue 1TB, Samsung SSD 256GB | PSU: Corsair CS550M | Operating System: Windows 10

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

It depends on the card your using the recent generation stuff doesn't require you to use DP and you can use any connector on the GPU, not to mention you can always adapter DP. 

I am using an R7 370

PC Specs

I am using an R7 370

For that card you will require an active DP adapter for it to allow for triple monitor setups, but just not that the card doesn't really have the horsepower to drive all three monitors for a triple monitor gaming setup at high FPS.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EDT01TO/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687742&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B004SUO1GM&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=2TVPB969XT4D2RX099P4