Is it safe to wash this case's dust filter?

Rob.S

Can I safely wash the dust filter of the Corsair Graphite 780T? I tried hoovering it but it didn't do much for some reason.

Dust filter:

780t-3b.jpg

Looks like all plastic, so yeah, totally fine to wash it. Just remember to put a sieve or something over the drain so it doesn't clock with dust.

Just now, cynexit said:

Looks like all plastic, so yeah, totally fine to wash it. Just remember to put a sieve or something over the drain so it doesn't clock with dust.

It's all metal. still safe to wash? I'm not sure why hoovering doesnt work :((

Just now, Rob.S said:

It's all metal. still safe to use?

It is if you dry it carefully. Depending on the metal it could start to rust, but you can easily avoid this by drying it carefully with some paper tissues and a hairdryer for example. So as long as you get the moisture out it should be fine, just don't leave it out to air-dry for a day or so.

If the metal is coated then you shouldn't have a problem as long as you don't wash it too regularly.

Aluminum will be more corrosion resistant than steel with stainless steel being the best.

After washing it I would dry the metal frame with some sort of cloth just so that it's not sitting in the water. The actual screen can be allowed to air dry.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

On 13 August 2016 at 7:11 PM, DragonTamer1 said:

If the metal is coated then you shouldn't have a problem as long as you don't wash it too regularly.

Aluminum will be more corrosion resistant than steel with stainless steel being the best.

After washing it I would dry the metal frame with some sort of cloth just so that it's not sitting in the water. The actual screen can be allowed to air dry.

Thank you so much for the confirmation, it is very valuable to get a long paragraph in fluent english. Did it and it was fine, worth it! Thank you so much for your time buddy :)