Replacement volume potentiometer for panasonic sg-50

carguy86

I have one of these:.

2425190058.jpg

But the potentiometer for the volume dial is bad (loud Bangs when you turn the knob, wich indicates that one or more tracks in the potentiometer is dirty or worn out) so i am looking for a replacement.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

I would look on Ebay. You may be able to find a broken panasonic sg-50 or maybe even the exact part. Also it wouldn't hurt to contact Panasonic and see what they say.

26 minutes ago, mpsparrow said:

I would look on Ebay. You may be able to find a broken panasonic sg-50 or maybe even the exact part. Also it wouldn't hurt to contact Panasonic and see what they say.

Its from 1979, im not sure their current emplyees know of its exsistence :P (have tried ebay but im unsure if the parts i found are correct, going to pop it open to check if it is the correct part when i have time)

The warranty expired in 1989 and i dont think panasonic could help in this situation.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Contact cleaner (applied internally) + 5 minutes of turning the dial from one end to the other might do the trick also.

If not, take it apart like @Silverwolf_7 said and, if the part is no longer beeing made, find the closest match on www.farnell.com

7 hours ago, Strando123 said:

Its from 1979, im not sure their current emplyees know of its exsistence :P (have tried ebay but im unsure if the parts i found are correct, going to pop it open to check if it is the correct part when i have time)

The warranty expired in 1989 and i dont think panasonic could help in this situation.

Didn't realize that it was that old... o.O

Try cleaning the potentiometer tracks with contact cleaners first. If that doesn't solve the problem then you try to get a replacement.

The Internet is invented by cats. Why? Why else would it have so much cat videos?