Big Dipper PC build

Hey guys, I am helping my friend build a pc for around $2000 usd and i'm wondering if these parts would be the best choice. I come from Malaysia where tech is overpriced to the max so the prices mentioned below could be different from what you see on your shelves.

Core i7 6700k-$387

Asus Maximus vIII Ranger-$250(my friend is very persistent about this mobo coz he thinks it looks cool)

16gb TridentZ DDR4-$100

Hyper X Savage 240gb-$100

Asus Strix Gtx1080-$700

Nzxt H440-$132

Cooler Master v550-$100

Corsair H100i V2-$125

Total-$1894

The extra cash goes to case fans, rgb light strips, wireless adapters, and harddrives.

I would just like to know if theres anything that you might swap out

Also could you suggest monitors that are around $300?

Keyboard of choice is K70 RGB

Mouse of choice is Logitech g502

i5 6700k doesn't exist. I suppose you mean the i5 6600K?

Otherwise I don't really know what else to suggest. My knowledge on monitors is not up to date anymore.. What I can say is that your friend should think about if he wants IPS, 1440p or 144Hz at that price range.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

i5 6700k doesn't exist. I suppose you mean the i5 6600K?

Otherwise I don't really know what else to suggest. My knowledge on monitors is not up to date anymore.. What I can say is that your friend should think about if he wants IPS, 1440p or 144Hz at that price range.

sry that was a typo. and for the monitor anything ips 60hertz is good.He's not techsavvy at all. Thats why im building it for him. He's the type of guy who cant tell the difference between a 750ti and a 960.

The only reason im getting these parts is because he insist on filling out his budget with the highest end things he can get for that price. For my build at the end of this year, it'll most likely be around $650-$700

1 minute ago, Gokufighther said:

looks fine, maybe go with the noctus case instead, looks better, and is essentially a h440.

a good 60hz monitor around $300 is this 25" ACER 1440p monitor (esp with that gtx 1080) http://pcpartpicker.com/product/D7hj4D/acer-monitor-umkg7aa002

Thanks for the suggestions. Though i went with the h440 because it was what the store had. He does not want to purchase anything online so I am limited to what are in stores

7 minutes ago, joshua_lotion said:

Thanks for the suggestions. Though i went with the h440 because it was what the store had. He does not want to purchase anything online so I am limited to what are in stores

thats kind of hard to recommend monitors then, considering most B&M stores carry the more expensive models most of the time... they dont usually carry the really good stuff

On 8/9/2016 at 9:53 PM, Gokufighther said:

thats kind of hard to recommend monitors then, considering most B&M stores carry the more expensive models most of the time... they dont usually carry the really good stuff

The shop said that they will help to order the items if we want it so that acer monitor actually looks really sick