obsolator / old rig

Bl00dgod

in the last few weeks i got pc´s to repair or scavenge i got some of the parts that were replaced but still worked as a gift

now i have parts around like a

intel coreduo

palit gt 250

some motherboards ( need to check names )

and alot DDR2 like 2x2 gb pc2-6400 and some 1gb modules

i guess for "basic"-office and browsing stuff the coreduo should still do the job and might be usefull for someone that needs it

i´d name it obsolator or something like that for the almost 11 year old CPU and other old parts

would you build and sell it for a few bucks? 

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

50 minutes ago, Bl00dgod said:

-snip-

i got some similar stuff (maybe even older) from my school because they didn't need it anymore. 

I built a Server to access some files from outside and a linux system for my workbench to listen to music/whatch youtube

So if you don't need it someone might like the idea and is willing to pay a few bucks?

@Akadis great idea with a fileserver, got myself a raspi for that

the coreduo was nice back in the days so it should be able to run some simple gaming too with the gt250

got an old gtx8600 too but i doubt they work together ...

and working rig with a old but working and clean 17" tn display and keyboard+mouse should be worth a clammy handshake ;)

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

11 minutes ago, Bl00dgod said:

@Akadis great idea with a fileserver, got myself a raspi for that

the coreduo was nice back in the days so it should be able to run some simple gaming too with the gt250

got an old gtx8600 too but i doubt they work together ...

and working rig with a old but working and clean 17" tn display and keyboard+mouse should be worth a clammy handshake ;)

You could try ashes in dx12 explicit multi-adapter :P.

Kidding, they don't have dx12 drivers. :S

48 minutes ago, Akadis said:

a mate swapped his phenom 2 x??? a few days ago to get a brand new amd fx8350 just to quote him "i dont like intel, they dont have 8 cores" .... yup

before he just puts it into the trash i could ask him, but amd needs another mobo that i dont have

not to blame amd s performance but to be honest its old and maybe zen changes something      i´d rather get a nice xeon or i5 than a outdated "toaster" with a stnadard cooler on it

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Bl00dgod said:

xD

mobo wouldn't be that expensive so i would take it for personal use but i don't think it will be worth to sell after ^^

even with the phenom in it ? :P and that fancy gt 250 .... isnt that the latest best stuff you can get ? xD it has 1000mb of storage ...

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Bl00dgod said:

even with the phenom in it ? :P and that fancy gt 250 .... isnt that the latest best stuff you can get ? xD it has 1000mb of storage ...

well you can try :P i would keep it for myself