Power Supply question

Red Panda
Go to solution Solved by Cyndre,

You're welcome. 

Uhh, I'm not going to answer your question (sorry). But I have one thing to say. I don't know if you need that power.All of that 2 1070 and a 6700k with liquid cooling? Seems pretty overkill. Now, if you need that kind of performance, go ahead, that's fine, but I ALWAYS say this to people who have pretty powerful builds like yours: ALWAYS keep this in mind

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

are you feeling sick? you forgot the corsair ram.

lol no why do I need corsair ram? also I forgot to remove the power source cuz idk if thats what I need

6 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin226 said:

Uhh, I'm not going to answer your question (sorry). But I have one thing to say. I don't know if you need that power.All of that 2 1070 and a 6700k with liquid cooling? Seems pretty overkill. Now, if you need that kind of performance, go ahead, that's fine, but I ALWAYS say this to people who have pretty powerful builds like yours: ALWAYS keep this in mind

also this is an upgrade build so i can run games like doom in higher settings cuz rn Im rolling with an i5 and a GTX 950 not getting the performance I want now this is a performance build that is supposed to last, but the power is helpful for rendering and editing video and gaming nut thank you for the video it was really true and a kick back to reality

Your 850-watt Modular power supply should be plenty to run the system you have. Your CPU only runs 91-watts, but the graphics cards are not specified by the manufacture. They are 4 pin connections. And that should leave room for fans etc, the memory only uses 1.35-volts. Which intern isn't much wattage. 

What will you be using this PC for, anyways?

Most of these parts look like you just went "oh, this is the one with the highest price! lets get it."

The motherboard is a bit overkill, same with RAM. Unless you overclock, the mobo isnt needed.

You can get 16GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX sticks that run at 3200Mhz for 80 bucks.

You really don't need 32GB of RAM unless you always max out 16GB sticks. Even then, its overkill.

Let me make a PCPP list for you, designed for Video rendering, 1440p Gaming, and content creation.

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.5GHz Corsair H100i v2 | Asus Z170-A | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2x8 3200Mhz | Samsung 960 EVO 1TB + 850 EVO 250GB + Seagate 1TB | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+G | Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit (PcPartPicker)

3 minutes ago, Cyndre said:

What will you be using this PC for, anyways?

Most of these parts look like you just went "oh, this is the one with the highest price! lets get it."

The motherboard is a bit overkill, same with RAM. Unless you overclock, the mobo isnt needed.

You can get 16GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX sticks that run at 3200Mhz for 80 bucks.

You really don't need 32GB of RAM unless you always max out 16GB sticks. Even then, its overkill.

Let me make a PCPP list for you, designed for Video rendering, 1440p Gaming, and content creation.

I based it off of Ed from Techsource $2800 pc build and changed it out and made it alittle bit cheaper the 1070's are cheeper than 2 980ti ftw additions also I do plan to overclock, but please do ill look over it and take it into consideration

Just now, Red Panda said:

I based it off of Ed from Techsource $2800 pc build and changed it out and made it alittle bit cheaper the 1070's are cheeper than 2 980ti ftw additions

Im pretty sure that build was sponsored, and that build was made for glam.

Since you said you do Content Creation, Media stuff, and Gaming, I will make you a PCPP list for you. Tell me how you feel about it when i'm done.

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.5GHz Corsair H100i v2 | Asus Z170-A | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2x8 3200Mhz | Samsung 960 EVO 1TB + 850 EVO 250GB + Seagate 1TB | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+G | Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit (PcPartPicker)

Just now, Cyndre said:

Im pretty sure that build was sponsored, and that build was made for glam.

Since you said you do Content Creation, Media stuff, and Gaming, I will make you a PCPP list for you. Tell me how you feel about it when i'm done.

Will do alothough i do kinda like to keep the sli because it will be my first sli pc and i wanna see how much performance i can get out of it

26 minutes ago, Red Panda said:

Will do

Do you already have a case? If not, do you like the NZXT S340 in Black?

secondly, can you explain why you have those case fans? to replace your current case's stock ones?

Desktop:

Just now, Cyndre said:

secondly, can you explain why you have those case fans? to replace your current case's stock ones?

ok so my color theme im trying to make is red black and white, also i like to have led's in my case but i would rather go with the corsair fans with the color on the rings cuz i can get an rgb light strip

3 minutes ago, Cyndre said:

also btw how is it coming so far?

I will send a screenshot of the list so far.

Will be adding the fans.

6r6j9NRgd.png

Desktop:

The orange accents on the GPU's should be reddish when you install the LED fans.

Desktop:

1 minute ago, Cyndre said:

I will send a screenshot of the list so far.

Will be adding the fans.

6r6j9NRgd.png

thank you looks really good so far

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Cyndre/saved/DmxZxr

Tell me what you think. I saved you 200$

Desktop:

Just now, Red Panda said:

what if I used a black / red H440 case?

You have 200$ more than your other, splurge on whatever case you feel. I will update the case.

Desktop:

Just now, Cyndre said:

You have 200$ more than your other, splurge on whatever case you feel. I will update the case.

thank you

And may I ask, do you have an Amazon Prime subscription? if you do i can change the GPU seller to Amazon so you get free shipping and faster shipping.

Or if you have a Newegg premium account, the same deal.

Desktop:

1 minute ago, Cyndre said:

And may I ask, do you have an Amazon Prime subscription? if you do i can change the GPU seller to Amazon so you get free shipping and faster shipping.

lol sorry

4 minutes ago, Cyndre said:

also if you saved 200 I can change the graphics cards back and $48 saved from the last build. but is that worth it for the little better boost clock?

also adding the case change and led lights from the 200

Well, i guess you can figure that out when you decide to purchase the PC. (if you have the Amazon Prime or Premium Newegg)

I left some headroom on your ram in case you want to get another kit.(be sure to get the exact model i provided with the one provided)

As with the SLI setup. I hope you know that SLI does not increase the performance as you may think. Look at the video that Linus did on SLI, and you will see its not always worth it and can sometimes reduce performance instead. 

Desktop: