My First PC Build Needs Help

So I finally bite the bullet and assembling a half decent gaming pc, I've been a console gamer most of my life and am dumbstruck but the amount of choices that have to be made when building a computer. Since I have no experience with installing an operating system, applying thermal paste, or any of the other things to build a pc from scratch, I bought a Dell Optiplex 790 with a I5 2500 3.3ghz(turbo 3.7, 4 threads) and a 7.2k Hitachi 1 terabyte hdd with windows 10 for 200 dollars(I think thats pretty good if you consider I got a $130 processor and $50 hdd plus a motherboard,case, and windows for $20). After that I spent around $120 slowly upgrading it first with a Thermaltake Smart series 650 Bronze($50), GT730 2gb($50), 8gbs of ddr3 ram($20) plus like an extra couple bucks for the pci slot fan. So my questions is, How am I doing for my first time making a pc? I'm able to play alot of the games I couldn't stuck on the 360 like FO4, Elite Dangerous, and Rainbow six Siege all on medium to high settings at 720p with fps averaging 50. Any reasonable upgrades you could recommend in terms of GPU or CPU would be great as long as they stay reasonable, kind of like Linus says not to put a 1060 in a pc that cost half. Thanks you guys and I look forward to your suggestions and feedback!

SDC10268.JPG

SDC10269.JPG

SDC10270.JPG

Windows[I5 2500 3.3Ghz-3.7Ghz 4 cores 4 threads][12gbs of Samsung DDR3 1600 Mhz Ram][MSI GTX 1050 TI 4GB OC]

Apple[IPhone SE] [Imac 21.5 dual core 3 Gghz][Time Capsule 3TB]

Linux[Several laptops]

Id get a better gpu? whats your budget. A gt 730 is crap and was a waste of money. depending on budeget a used gt 600 or a new rx 470 would be a good buy.

That cpu isn't worth $130 anymore considering that it is a 2nd generation cpu.

11 minutes ago, EnemySp0tt3d said:

That cpu isn't worth $130 anymore considering that it is a 2nd generation cpu.

still is since supply and demand basic capitalism. they still have a high resale value in the used market since the demand for them is high. just like how X58 boards are $200+ used. 2nd gen cpus are still good for gaming, since intel decided to sit on ass after sandy bridge bringing only 10 to 15% increase in performance over the generations. just like AMD Phenom II X6s they are still expensive and overpriced used even though they are old as hell but since there is a high demand for them, the resale value gets jacked up.  

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein