Should I move my OS to from my SSHD to my SSD? [SOLVED]

Avro
Go to solution Solved by Martin Ferenec,

YES, for the best performance is recommended that you move your OS from SSHD to SSD.

Here is a guide how to do this: Link (I hope this helps)

Hello everyone! This is my first time using the Linustechtips Forums so I hope I'm not in the wrong place but anyway.

I've ordered an Intel 540s Series 120GB M.2 SATA SSD for my Dell Inspiron 7559 which already has a 1Terabyte Solid State Hybrid Drive (1TB SSHD with 8gb Cache)
Would it be worth the hassle moving my OS to the SSD or am I better off leaving it installed on the SSHD?
because from what I've googled it looks like a pain in the ass to do! Especially since I don't have a place to back up all my files to which is 900+ GBs and I also don't have too much time on my hands since I'm a full time University Student!

YES, for the best performance is recommended that you move your OS from SSHD to SSD.

My computers: Link

1 minute ago, Avro said:

Hello everyone! This is my first time using the Linustechtips Forums so I hope I'm not in the wrong place but anyway.

I've ordered an Intel 540s Series 120GB M.2 SATA SSD for my Dell Inspiron 7559 which already has a 1Terabyte Solid State Hybrid Drive (1TB SSHD with 8gb Cache)
Would it be worth the hassle moving my OS to the SSD or am I better off leaving it installed on the SSHD?
because from what I've googled it looks like a pain in the ass to do! Especially since I don't have a place to back up all my files to which is 900+ GBs and I also don't have too much time on my hands since I'm a full time University Student!

The SSD will make it boot faster as SSHDs dont have enough cache for the whole OS. The question is are you already happy with the boot speeds? If you want it faster, you could just leave it on. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

4 minutes ago, Martin Ferenec said:

Yeah best performance is what I'm looking for. Thanks for the link I'll refer to that when my SSD arrives!

3 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

The SSD will make it boot faster as SSHDs dont have enough cache for the whole OS. The question is are you already happy with the boot speeds? If you want it faster, you could just leave it on. 

I'm most certainly happy with my boot speeds which are around 8-10 seconds on average having it boot off of the SSD will definitely be great.

Thanks for the help guys!