AMD to Intel Switch

Ghost0625

Well, Its been an expensive learning experience. My first build was an AMD build. I had the FX-6300 Black paired with the MSI 970 Gaming Mobo. and I loved that build. 

20160526_191920.jpg 

Since then, I added custom sleeved cables from cable mod. I sold my 6300 to a friend of mine and replaced it with the 8370. I also water cooled it with an AIO from corsair. 20160627_212058.jpg20160627_212113.jpg

Well, I decided to play around with overclocking, and I messed some things up like a noob. I decided to sell the 8370 and the R9 390 and switched to Intel.

So here it is

20160806_233142.jpg 20160806_233130.jpg

I call it My Red Steel build. My color scheme is red white and grey (steel). Its hard to get a real representation of color due to poor camera quality and reflections in the side window. Here are the new and Improved Components.

Mobo: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K (4.2 Ghz OC)

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (4x4GB)

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming.

Lighting: NZXT Hue+

Once I get the computer back into my game room i will take some more professional-ish photos of it. 

Enjoy! 

Yup it's always worth it to save up for a intel i5 rather than getting an amd fx/athlon 

Lesson learned

Beautiful build tho

Btw is that the h440?

if (you want to reply) {

USE THE QUOTE BUTTON 

}

else {

DONT

}

3 minutes ago, FanBlade said:

Yup it's always worth it to save up for a intel i5 rather than getting an amd fx/athlon 

Lesson learned

Beautiful build tho

Btw is that the h440?

Yes it is. And thanks. Yeah it was a lesson well learned. 

Beautiful rig mine works for performance but looks horrible I have no LEDs and the smallest window.

32 minutes ago, Ghost0625 said:

-snip-

Absolutely gorgeous! One just never stops learning. :D  And guess what I love seeing intel machines! xD

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Cooler Noctua NH-D15S | MB Asus ROG Strix B550 A-Gaming | RAM 2 x G.Skill Trident Z Royal silver 16 GB @ 3200 MHz CL14 | GPU Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Vision OC 8G

Case Fractal Design Define C TG | SSD(s) Boot: Samsung 970 EVO 250 GBPrograms: Samsung 970 EVO 1 TBData: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB | PSU Seasonic Focus GX 750W

Screen(s) Main: ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-mhd, Second: Asus PB277Q, Third: LG Flatron E2240T | Keyboard Ducky One (MX Blues) | Mouse Logitech G Pro Gaming

Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2X PCIe, System: Edifier R1280DB | OS Windows 10, 64 Bit

19 minutes ago, intelCore said:

Absolutely gorgeous! One just never stops learning. :D  And guess what I love seeing intel machines! xD

Thank you! I finally have a feeling of accomplishment. It was a great experience all said and done. 

1 minute ago, Ghost0625 said:

Thank you! I finally have a feeling of accomplishment. It was a great experience all said and done. 

I bet it was! However such a build is never really finished because there's alaways something that can still be polished (at least that's how I feel but then again my build is nowhere near yours). I wish you all the best with it and hours of fun either using or polishing. ;) Can't wait for the "professional" pictures!

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Cooler Noctua NH-D15S | MB Asus ROG Strix B550 A-Gaming | RAM 2 x G.Skill Trident Z Royal silver 16 GB @ 3200 MHz CL14 | GPU Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Vision OC 8G

Case Fractal Design Define C TG | SSD(s) Boot: Samsung 970 EVO 250 GBPrograms: Samsung 970 EVO 1 TBData: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB | PSU Seasonic Focus GX 750W

Screen(s) Main: ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-mhd, Second: Asus PB277Q, Third: LG Flatron E2240T | Keyboard Ducky One (MX Blues) | Mouse Logitech G Pro Gaming

Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2X PCIe, System: Edifier R1280DB | OS Windows 10, 64 Bit

31 minutes ago, Jack Dvorak said:

Beautiful rig mine works for performance but looks horrible I have no LEDs and the smallest window.

Thanks! If it works well then that's all you need. Lol.

1 minute ago, intelCore said:

I bet it was! However such a build is never really finished because there's alaways something that can still be polished (at least that's how I feel but then again my build is nowhere near yours). I wish you all the best with it and hours of fun either using or polishing. ;) Can't wait for the "professional" pictures!

Thank you for the kind words! Yeah I'm looking forward to getting my dslr out! 

48 minutes ago, Ghost0625 said:

-snip-

God man this looks beautiful! What are the custom cables that you have in there?

11 minutes ago, intelCore said:

God man this looks beautiful! What are the custom cables that you have in there?

Thanks so much! They are the paracord custom sleeved cables from cable mod. 

• 2 weeks later...

A little update to my system build. I changed up the colors and cleaned up my gaming room. yes I know the wall are not finished, I kind of like it.

14045051_10154459760988384_734024060_o.jpg

14059939_10154459760958384_177763281_o.jpg

14017905_10154459763528384_1042410246_n.jpg

3 hours ago, Nicnac said:

nice pics and looks like a pretty awesome workspace, too!

Thanks!

Awesome build , I also will be making the AMD to Intel switch ,very sick looking build!

20 hours ago, Mikedin said:

Awesome build , I also will be making the AMD to Intel switch ,very sick looking build!

Thanks! I would recommend waiting to see what Zen brings to the table though. I was in need of parts and instead of replacing the parts I had I just upgraded to intel.  

Just now, Ghost0625 said:

Thanks! I would recommend waiting to see what Zen brings to the table though. I was in need of parts and instead of replacing the parts I had I just upgraded to intel.  

I won't be doing my build until February or March or possibly even may if tax forums are late again so I have plenty of time to see what I want to change up in my planned build, luckily for me that means I have plenty of time to see what both AMD and Intel bring to the table especially with these new Intel chips being announced too, boasting they have integrated graphics capable of 4K , but I can only imagine what the price tag will run on them 

love your build choice and well assembled the gigabtye g5 may have suited better i think or take of the plastic cover off the blue with green looks awesome 

10 hours ago, nailed it said:

love your build choice and well assembled the gigabtye g5 may have suited better i think or take of the plastic cover off the blue with green looks awesome 

Thanks! next up, custom water loop town haha.