BT Internet Sharing Help

_JohnB330ci

Hey, so at my dads his next door neighbour asked to use his internet, which he agreed to for the weeks I'm not here, as then no-one will be using it, however, when I came over today, they've been using it, and using 7/8ths of the available bandwidth causing me to have crazy high pings, now is there a way for me to disconnect their devices on the hub manger? There are ways to delete them but they automatically reconnect.

EDIT: (At the moment I have disable 2.4ghz and enabled 5ghz, then set a new pass, so they can't connect) 

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

Have a look for the MAC black/white list options. There, you can set which devices to block or allow on the network. 

Not all routers give you the option to do this, though. 

Also, you could just change the password on the 2.4GHz network?

4 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Have a look for the MAC black/white list options. There, you can set which devices to block or allow on the network. 

Not all routers give you the option to do this, though. 

Also, you could just change the password on the 2.4GHz network?

We still want them to have access when I'm not here, and I will have a look into it

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

Just change the passwords. You could block the MAC address if you need to.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

17 minutes ago, SherifsDog22 said:

Hey, so at my dads his next door neighbour asked to use his internet, which he agreed to for the weeks I'm not here, as then no-one will be using it, however, when I came over today, they've been using it, and using 7/8ths of the available bandwidth causing me to have crazy high pings, now is there a way for me to disconnect their devices on the hub manger? There are ways to delete them but they automatically reconnect.

EDIT: (At the moment I have disable 2.4ghz and enabled 5ghz, then set a new pass, so they can't connect) 

Tell them to get a their own connection. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.