Help can't remove discord app from PC

MrEleven1181

Downloaded discord app the other day and didn't like it so went into programs and clicked uninstall discord but everytime I start my PC discord starts up and I can't find it in programs. Any ideas how to get rid of it completly ?

Have you tried using something like Revo Uninstaller? The Revo has a "hunt" function, that if you point to the program folder, it will remove it/uninstall it if possible.

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, prann said:

Start -> Search for "Uninstall a Program" -> Find Discord -> Click And hit uninstall/change

Yea that's the problem discord is not showing up but when I start my PC it comes on 

If your on windows 8 or 10 go to task manager and look at startup then ask it to find the directory for discord.

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

4 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Have you tried using something like Revo Uninstaller? The Revo has a "hunt" function, that if you point to the program folder, it will remove it/uninstall it if possible.

No1st time I've heard of that thanks I'll give that a try 

6 minutes ago, Luc401 said:

If your on windows 8 or 10 go to task manager and look at startup then ask it to find the directory for discord.

Thanks I'll try that 1st ?

Wouldn't it be as simple as to just delete the Discord folder the place you chose it to install Discord?

CPU: Intel Core I7 7700K & Corsair H100i v2
Mobo: Asus Maximus IX Hero
RAM: 32 Gigs @ 3000Mhz, Corsair Dominator Platinum
GPU: Asus Strix 1080 A8G
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500gb
PSU: Corsair HX750i
Case: Fractal Design Define S

Hit start in search type msconfig open it click start up search for discord and click disable then click apply save and exit without restart then locate discord installation folder in programming files delete the whole discord file then restart you're computer

l i7 5930k | Rampage V Extreme | Corsair H110i GTX | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz | EVGA GTX 1070 Superclocked ACX 3.0 | EVGA SuperNova 750w G2 | Samsung 960 Evo 250GB l Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | 1 TB WD Red | Corsair 900D |

Evolution - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/LbJq9W

CPU-Z Validation - http://valid.x86.fr/3dxmew

• 2 years later...

If on Windows, click the [HOME] icon on the bottom left corner. Once there, type "msconfig". When opened, there will be a section titled "Startup", and when clicked, a link guiding you to the Task Manager will appear. Click it. Once clicked, you will arrive at the Task Manager application. Search for Discord, and click on it. On the bottom right corner of the Task Manager page, you will find a "disable" button. Also click that. It will not delete Discord. However, if you are receiving notifications of an error occurring in Discord, this will help.

Another way of opening Task Manager: Click on the [HOME] button on the bottom left corner. Then type "task manager". When opened, you'll see a "Startup" column. Click that too. Then search for Discord and do the following steps above. 

Hope this helps. Now. Just in case you are still having this issue. :D

• 10 months later...

Hi, Im struggling really hard at this point.

Im trying to delete discord from my computer to reinstall it because I was having some audio problems, but it wouldnt let me delete it because it was still running. SO I went to task manager and ended the discord task, and yet it still says that. I have deleted all of the files except one from the discord folders in %localappdata%, and %appdata%, but I can't delete that one file because it says discord is still running. for the localappdata the name of the file is app-0.0.306, and for appdata it is 0.0.306. I also cannot redwonload Discord because those files are still there. Please help