Upgrading to a 1440p

Sjenk

Hey guys and gals

Im looking to upgrade my current build http://pcpartpicker.com/list/WVPMcc ( I have two monitors but pcpartpicker only had the benq in their list) to a build which can run 1440p games on pref max settings. So the most logically thing to do would be to get a 1080 aftermarket card. But there are quite alot of them varying in price and preformance, causing me to wonder alot which card is best one to go for, and in which case/scenario are they the best card to get.

As for monitor I am looking for one which is around 24 -25 inches big and ofc  has a 1440 resolution. This because of limited space and my other monitor is also 24 inch. I found already 2 monitors myself: BenQ BL2420PT and Dell Ultrasharp U2515H. For which one should I go, or are there better options I might have missed.

TLDR; Which nvidia 1080 aftermarket card should I get and which 1440p (around the 24 to 25 inches) monitor should I get.

Thanks in advance,

Sjenk

I would say, go for a 1070 with a gsync monitor. That way you can get a better combo. If you really must pick between the two, go for the Dell. I have one atm, and am really really happy with it! Not the best gaming monitor, but does the general stuff really nicely. 

1080 is a bit overkill for 1440. My advice is still go for a 1070 with a nice gsync monitor, or a RX 480 (might even go crossfire) and a freesync monitor.

But the feeling I got when looking at the 1070 benchmarks is that I wont be able to last a few years on 1440p high/ultra settings with the same card. Without diving under the 60fps. Feel free to proof me wrong. As for gaming monitor, I am not a really hardcore gamer. What mean with that is that I wont notice the difference between 6 or 5 ms and 2ms. 

4 minutes ago, Sjenk said:

But the feeling I got when looking at the 1070 benchmarks is that I wont be able to last a few years on 1440p high/ultra settings with the same card. Without diving under the 60fps.

that's where the G-Sync monitor will help

I thought G sync was a sort of upgrade to vsync, and not really something that would enhance preformance,.