Will this work and give good performance or do I go to Plan B?

Ethereal

Hello all :) Just wanted to get a couple of second opinions if that's cool? Ok so I'm thinking about upgrading my PC and I've thought of the following on this list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/HN8DxY

Please note: I don't have a full list of parts but I know the names of some of them. The CPU/Mobo/RAM/OS/GPU are the only things I know. Would everything on that list work alright?

Or... I could just get a new build entirely which might take a little bit longer to save up for depending on the Total Cost. Oh and NO, I won't be moving parts from an old system into a new system.

If it were to be a new build:

Spoiler

It would probably be a Skylake/Haswell. What for? Well, I tend to mostly do Gaming (Single mostly but if the GPU allows for Triple, then sure why not!) and would want to try and play at 1440p hitting good FPS as well as doing Video/Photo editing using Adobe's software, web browsing, tiny bit of 3D Modelling here and there and finally some Stream watching (TwitchTV streams only - I say this because I tend to watch 2 maybe 3 maybe 4 streams at once. Also, what do streams use to make they don't constantly buffer?). I live in the UK and my budget is between £0 to £1,300 maybe £1,400 approx. I do need 3 IPS monitors (24") that give amazing quality for games/editing as well as an OS. Keyboard and mouse I'll be buying later on. Oh and I nearly forgot, no water/liquid cooling, Air please.

So yeah, what do you think I should do? Thanks!

1 minute ago, lonleh kitty said:

yes you should be A-OK

With the PC Upgrade?

Just now, Ethereal said:

With the PC Upgrade?

yes but I dont know about triple monitors for gaming

Just now, lonleh kitty said:

yes but I dont know about triple monitors for gaming

I dunno if an RX 480 can handle Triple Monitor Gaming. Do you think a GTX 1070 will be compatible and still give better performance?

That motherboard is going to give you a lot of problems with an FX8 sitting in the socket. VRM setup is absolute crap and it will cause throttling issues under load.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

3 minutes ago, ApolloX75 said:

That motherboard is going to give you a lot of problems with an FX8 sitting in the socket. VRM setup is absolute crap and it will cause throttling issues under load.

Are you saying it will cause throttling/issues when Gaming only? Or even when you're say, web browsing or whatever?

Because, if I'm web browsing or casually watching Twitch, CPU Usage is normally at about 20-35% and RAM Usage is normally at 50-55% but that's because I tend to have a lot of tabs open in Google Chrome.

Oh and it hasn't caused any extremely major issues like a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) or anything recently or in the last year.

I've only tried a couple of games and I only got about 40 FPS on High at 1080p.

Just now, Ethereal said:

Are you saying it will cause throttling/issues when Gaming only? Or even when you're using say, web browsing or whatever?

Because, if I'm web browsing or casually watching Twitch, CPU Usage is normally at about 20-35% and RAM Usage is normally at 50-55% but that's because I tend to have a lot of tabs open in Google Chrome.

Oh and it hasn't caused any extremely major issues like a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) or anything recently or in the last year.

Yeah under extended full load such as gaming it will throttle over time. Browsing or general usage it'll work fine.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Just now, ApolloX75 said:

Yeah under extended full load such as gaming it will throttle over time. Browsing or general usage it'll work fine.

Even with better air-cooling and a 480 OR 1070? :/

Also when you say throttle, do you mean High Temperatures?

2 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

Even with better air-cooling and a 480 OR 1070? :/

Also when you say throttle, do you mean High Temperatures?

If you arrange your cooling setup so that cool air is blown across the VRM heatsinks around the CPU socket that should help. 

The issue is the power delivery of the board is substandard for a beefy FX 8 CPU so under heavy load during an extended period of time (say a AAA game for more than an hour) the VRM stacks will go over their thermal limit so the board will throttle the CPU down in speed until the chips cool off, and then it will do that repeatedly.

Just now, ApolloX75 said:

If you arrange your cooling setup so that cool air is blown across the VRM heatsinks around the CPU socket that should help. 

The issue is the power delivery of the board is substandard for a beefy FX 8 CPU so under heavy load during an extended period of time (say a AAA game for more than an hour) the VRM stacks will go over their thermal limit so the board will throttle the CPU down in speed until the chips cool off, and then it will do that repeatedly.

Aah that's understandable. Ok cool. I did figure it obviously wasn't and still isn't the best due to the AMD FX 8350 being quite old but yeah I now can kind of see why it would struggle in AAA Games. Oh btw I forgot to mention, the games I tested were Battlefield 4 and GTA IV because those were the only games I had installed for now.

14 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

So, if I get a new build... what would you recommend? Read below:

35 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

If it were to be a new build:

Reveal hidden contents

It would probably be a Skylake/Haswell. What for? Well, I tend to mostly do Gaming (Single mostly but if the GPU allows for Triple, then sure why not!) and would want to try and play at 1440p hitting good FPS as well as doing Video/Photo editing using Adobe's software, web browsing, tiny bit of 3D Modelling here and there and finally some Stream watching (TwitchTV streams only - I say this because I tend to watch 2 maybe 3 maybe 4 streams at once. Also, what do streams use to make they don't constantly buffer?). I live in the UK and my budget is between £0 to £1,300 maybe £1,400 approx. I do need 3 IPS monitors (24") that give amazing quality for games/editing as well as an OS. Keyboard and mouse I'll be buying later on. Oh and I nearly forgot, no water/liquid cooling, Air please.

So yeah, what do you think I should do? Thanks!

On 5/8/2016 at 7:54 PM, Ethereal said:

Aah that's understandable. Ok cool. I did figure it obviously wasn't and still isn't the best due to the AMD FX 8350 being quite old but yeah I now can kind of see why it would struggle in AAA Games. Oh btw I forgot to mention, the games I tested were Battlefield 4 and GTA IV because those were the only games I had installed for now.

So, if I get a new build... what would you recommend? Read below:

this is my build but I think it'll suit your needs (computer only)

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/rHHYHN

A few things of note I bought all my parts from cclonline as they are my favoured merchant and they charge good shipping rates to ireland so you'll probably get the parts at a better price than me you lucky devil also they have some pretty good deals on monitors so check them out also here are some good deals monitors that I found on their site

https://www.cclonline.com/product/196404/210-AEVW/Monitors/Dell-S2415H-24-inch-Full-HD-IPS-LED-Backlit-Monitor-1000-1-250cd/m2-1920x1080-6ms-HDMI-MHL-/VGA-UK-/MON3685/

a nice IPS panel good for surround courtesy of the slim pezels

https://www.cclonline.com/product/121367/MX299Q/Monitors/Asus-MX299Q-29-inch-IPS-LED-HD-Monitor/MON2230/

And a reasonably priced ultrawide