New Build Core X9 Snow

Hi guys, 

Starting a new build, will be built over a few months while I wait for stuff to arrive.

Parts list:

i7-6900k

GTX980Ti (from last computer)

Gigabyte GA-X99-Phoenix

Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x 8GB 3200Mhz C16

Intel 750 400GB PCI-e SSD

Thermaltake Core X9 Snow

The case and above parts have arrived, after getting the Nod of Approval from Berlioz have installed the system using an temporary Intel stock air cooler:

28116394274_8a33919b14_b.jpg

28116394094_6f1b2324d6_b.jpg

Nexts steps:

Watercooling

Replace HX850 with fully modular PSU (RMi 750?) and order set of custom sized Cablemod cables, probably mostly white with orange accents.

Lighting, probably going to look at several RGB four pin strips, as the Mainboard has headers and software support for controlling these (along with matching RGB lights already on the Mainboard).

And the start of what's to come, two 480mm radiators:

28701842756_ccdbb31c9d_b.jpg

6 minutes ago, Gokufighther said:

this should not be in this section, it should be in the build log section instead

Sorry, so it should be!  Not very clear Sub-forum titles, this an New Build after all.

Edit: there is also no ability to delete or move my post.....

2 minutes ago, Riley-NZL said:

Sorry, so it should be!  Not very clear Sub-forum titles, this an New Build after all.

yeah, i agree, but it does say planning, idk though, i am a "newer" member here, and i dont frequent, so its up to the mods to decide

Just now, Gokufighther said:

yeah, i agree, but it does say planning, idk though, i am a "newer" member here, and i dont frequent, so its up to the mods to decide

Build logs would make more sense for this thread, I'm assuming an mod will be able to move it across?

Perhaps "New Build Planning" would be somewhat clearer than the current "New Builds AND planning"