I'm a software dev, that recently landed a new job.

I work in an office that have others in close proximity to my workstation, and I got the green light to select my own equipment, whatever that might be.

This is pretty hard, due to all the requirements that I have. 

I want to keep the noise to a minimum due to coworkers being nearby, but still not get frustrated over the hardware I'm using.

I've used Mechanical Keyboards for the last 6+ Years, black and blue switches mostly. And I want to continue doing that, however mechanical keyboards are pretty loud.

I've looked into reducing the noice output of the keyboard, the idea i have is a mechanical keyboard with black switches and rubber O-Rings.

Would this work, or is it still too loud? (Most of the people in this office use rubber dome keys.)

I've been looking at the SteelSeries 6G v2.

While working I also like to listen to music pretty loud to drown out all the background noise, but I do not want all that sound leaking out into the office space.

So closed headphones with good sound that has a hidden or detachable mic that I can retrieve when I'm going to be taking business calls (Which would be rare).

Any recommendations? 

Thanks!

Winrarslayer

Personally, I'd just go with the keyboard you want and worry about noise later. You can always do the o ring mod at a later date anyway. Choose a keyboard that has a good palm rest. I'd throw out some good suggestions but they use red switches, and I dont fancy them for a lot of typing. Make sure to get one with an adjustable backlight brightness. 

As for headsets, I'd get one that has noise canceling features, that way you dont have to turn the music up so loud, and you could go with a dedicated mic setup, something you could tuck out of the way when you're not using it.

Do you even fanboy bro?

Brown's are pretty silent for a Mech keyboard

I'm a educated fool with money on my mind.

They say i got to learn but nobody here to teach me,if they can't understand it how can they reach me

Power and the money,money and the power,minute after minute,hour after hour

My Motivation

For some headphones, Id recommend ATH-M40x's. Or m50x's if you can afford them. They only leak sound when on MAX volume. Also they are super comfy and have detachable cords. Also come with a carry bag.

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

Yeah picking a brown is your best choice tbh.

Although you wont possibly find you favriout keyboard using browns there are plenty of great options.

https://www.advancetec.co.uk/ducky-one-mechanical-keyboard-brown-cherry-dkon1508s-bukadaab1.html?utm_source=Click&utm_medium=Channel&utm_campaign=Google_GB&SFDRREF=SFDR_12093624&gclid=CjwKEAjw5vu8BRC8rIGNrqbPuSESJADG8RV0bdNbmMk0y-xUYgpn7bS0nLkbssJLNvaCTA5dnrGQWBoClFbw_wcB

This ducky is my best suggstion

build it beaurtiful

I came to work the other week and noticed in the cardboard box trash pile a box from UNICOMP. Ah yes... buckling spring baby. And amazingly it wasn't mine. Noise be damned, you're not a Real Programmer unless you have the loudest keyboard in the building! If you can't beat down your neighbors with the sound of typing responses on LTT then blind them with RGB (that's my work keyboard as my avatar, it has some Outemu Blues in there). People that complain about the sound are jealous that you're so productive.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go complain to that guy at the end of the hall about his new UNICOMP keyboard.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

Guys I really need advice, I really want a headset with a detachable or hidable mic. While them having good sound, low sound leakage and good build quality.

I'm looking at HyperX Cloud II at the moment!