My first PC build

Finished my first PC build. Let me know what you think about it, and what it's capable to run. (ignore cable management + case :D )

http://imgur.com/a/vSOYd

Specs (performance):

GPU: Asus GTX 980 Strix

RAM: Kingston - 24G DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
CPU: i7 4930k @ 3,4 GHz (not OCd...yet)

MOBO: ASUS X79 DELUXE

Specs (rest):

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO
PSU: OCZ ZT - 750W
SSD: Kingston - 223GB
HDD: Samsung - 465GB

Case: Random case I used on my last PC @ work :D

Everything is good................... except that case

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

24GB RAM is such a strange amount lol

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

that case ......... no words to describe it...... also why 24 gb ram overkill? are you into some serious programs that are ram intensive?

2 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

24GB RAM is such a strange amount lol

Triple channel RAM kit.

24/3 = 8

3 minutes ago, GarnetDevil said:

Everything is good................... except that case

@mohi95 Yea, I second that idea. That build actually will look nice, but if you had a decent case to actually house it. I assume you used an old case from an old PC? Coz that's what it looks like. There is not cable management there, but that's to be expected as there's no cable management holes in the case, and you did say in your post. I suggest you get a better case. Apart from that, enjoy your PC!

nice! but yea that case is... :P 

let us know when you start OC your CPU. Would like to hear how that goes

4 minutes ago, Vulcan734 said:

that case ......... no words to describe it...... also why 24 gb ram overkill? are you into some serious programs that are ram intensive?

RAM was picked up from my workplace. I could've just gone with 16, but they were offering 24 for free. I'm a civil engineer, so I use a lot of programs that are ram intensive indeed :)

Haha, love the comments! It's an old case from my older PC @ work, doesn't look sexy indeed. Guess I will have to find a case that looks awesome and allows cable management :D

Just now, mohi95 said:

RAM was picked up from my workplace. I could've just gone with 16, but they were offering 24 for free. I'm a civil engineer, so I use a lot of programs that are ram intensive indeed :)

CAD Systems can be pretty hungry sometimes (And they say Chrome is bad :D )

Good rig for gaming nowadays, but i strongly recommend a new case as in this one, not only is the cablemanagement a problem, but the heat dispersion is completely ignored as far as i can see. You could be able to afford a new one for a measly price of 60$ and if you are careful  a good one.

But still, great rig for the next year or two of gaming at nearly highest settings. 

ah the case the complete lack of cable management and the massive quantity of ram reminds me of my first build

Edited by Kantor
spelling

build: Frankenstein http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/QLBRVY

i know it's nuts but the drives i bought over time as i need more storage.

Looks guld :), you've built a sleeper PC I'll have you know...no flashy case=thieves would just think it's some shitty old PC.

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Looks guld :), you've built a sleeper PC I'll have you know...no flashy case=thieves would just think it's some shitty old PC.

Hahahaha :D Talk about protective measures.. this is taking it to the next level. Actually sort of reminds me of a kid that i saw with his dad in the public transport not a few days ago, The dad was carrying a very dusty and old PC case (2005 - 2007 ish looking), and the kid was hoarding an i5 Gen 6 CPU (couldnt see exactly which one) and a Palit GTX 1060. Brought a warmth to my heart really. 

Cheers,

J.

I'm thinking of buying a Define R5 Black as a new case, because my current's heat dispersion is ignored, and lacks case fans. How's the heat dispersion going to be with a Define R5, and will my full build fit that case u think? :)

Edit: If I buy a Define R5 case, will the stock coolers be enough, or would I need aftermarket fans?