Internet issues

iKl9kca

So I used to get 50ms ping on csgo and 5 bars wifi, and now we got a new router and since then I got 3 bars and ping that's spiking from 50-1500ms, it's unstable and I can't play csgo, is this due to only having three bars?

1 minute ago, iKl9kca said:

So I used to get 50ms ping on csgo and 5 bars wifi, and now we got a new router and since then I got 3 bars and ping that's spiking from 50-1500ms, it's unstable and I can't play csgo, is this due to only having three bars?

you probably have RF interference. try changing your wifi channel to see if it improves. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, legacy99 said:

you probably have RF interference. try changing your wifi channel to see if it improves. 

Wifi channel?

Just now, iKl9kca said:

Wifi channel?

Yea, when you login to your router, you have a channel that is broadcasts on in the 2.4ghz band or 5ghz band, whichever you are using. The only channels that do not overlap are 1, 6, and 11. Set it to one of them and test it out. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Yea, when you login to your router, you have a channel that is broadcasts on in the 2.4ghz band or 5ghz band, whichever you are using. The only channels that do not overlap are 1, 6, and 11. Set it to one of them and test it out. 

Is it possible my wifi card or whatever is just old? Also I know there is a 2.4 and 5 but 5 never let's me login on both iPad an PC

5 minutes ago, iKl9kca said:

Is it possible my wifi card or whatever is just old? Also I know there is a 2.4 and 5 but 5 never let's me login on both iPad an PC

No, if it worked just fine on your old router, should be no reason you shouldnt be able to get full usage out of it now. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

3 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

No, if it worked just fine on your old router, should be no reason you shouldnt be able to get full usage out of it now. 

So how do I do this login and join a different signal or whatever the 1, 6, 11

2 minutes ago, iKl9kca said:

whatever your default gateway is you would need to use that. You should consult with who sets up your home network to check these settings. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

5 minutes ago, iKl9kca said:

Call costumer service on your WiFi provider. 

I'm part of the "Help a noob foundation"