Haswell integrated graphics or Radeon hd 6870?

SuNe^
Go to solution Solved by chicksoup,

you should be fine with the integrated gpu uneless you have a spare one laying around

Hey guys,

So im about to start buying parts for my new rig, but won't have money enough to buy it all right away.

To start out with ill buy a ROG Maximus VI Fomula with an intel i7 4770k.

Anyways, my question is should i still use my old shitty ATI Radeon HD 6870 wich has

• 900MHz Engine Clock
  • 1GB GDDR5 Memory
  • 1050MHz Memory Clock (GDDR5)
  • 134.4 Gbps memory bandwidth (maximum)
  • 2 TFLOPs compute power

Or should i just use the integrated grafics on the 4770k?

What will you be using it for? You're probably overspending on that board, unless you need the on-board audio. I love that board, but it is expensive! Also, always buy most of your stuff together. By the time you have enough money, better parts will be available.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

What will you be using it for? You're probably overspending on that board, unless you need the on-board audio. I love that board, but it is expensive! Also, always buy most of your stuff together. By the time you have enough money, better parts will be available.

It will be a overkill gaming rig (STAR CITIZEN!) anyway so overspending is np, and ill get the grafics card next month or so, just waiting for the Nvidia price drop on the titan and also my paycheck could not cover all the other aswell as 2x titans on the same month.

But meanwhile, should i use my 6870 or am i better of with the integrated?

you do not need 2 titans. and the gpu is propably better

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

you should be fine with the integrated gpu uneless you have a spare one laying around

It will be a overkill gaming rig (STAR CITIZEN!) anyway so overspending is np, and ill get the grafics card next month or so, just waiting for the Nvidia price drop on the titan and also my paycheck could not cover all the other aswell as 2x titans on the same month.

But meanwhile, should i use my 6870 or am i better of with the integrated?

Get a 780 instead of a Titan if you really want Nvidia. Gaming performance is very close. Otherwise get an R9 290X (I'm sounding like everyone else on the forum). It'll be much cheaper than a Titan and it'll run at Titan performance (give or take)

But if the ATI is just lying around, use that. Will put less stress on the CPU.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

you do not need 2 titans. and the gpu is propably better

Need and need, i want. They aint that expensive anyways.

Got one laying around so thats why i asked :) Thanks for answer.

Get a 780 instead of a Titan if you really want Nvidia. Gaming performance is very close. Otherwise get an R9 290X (I'm sounding like everyone else on the forum). It'll be much cheaper than a Titan and it'll run at Titan performance (give or take)

But if the ATI is just lying around, use that. Will put less stress on the CPU.

Its just lying there, so 6870 it is meanwhile. 

Reason for green team is also coz of GPU boost 2, since system will be watercooled. Titan over 780, well, system will cost 5000$ when its done anyways, so why cheap out on 400$ ^^ 

Its just lying there, so 6870 it is meanwhile. 

Reason for green team is also coz of GPU boost 2, since system will be watercooled. Titan over 780, well, system will cost 5000$ when its done anyways, so why cheap out on 400$ ^^ 

If you've got 5K to burn, go for it!  :lol:

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

I would suggest to wait until Star Citizen is closer to launch which would allow you to get better components at a potentially similar price. Building now for primarily Star Citizen is a bit premature unless  you will be playing the prelease alpha and so forth but may leave you at a disadvantage when the game actually launches as better GPUs may be released between now and next year. 

I would suggest to wait until Star Citizen is closer to launch which would allow you to get better components at a potentially similar price. Building now for primarily Star Citizen is a bit premature unless  you will be playing the prelease alpha and so forth but may leave you at a disadvantage when the game actually launches as better GPUs may be released between now and next year. 

Well, it is not only for star citizen, eventho as soon dog fight moduel gets released it will take 90% of my gaming time!

Also, i am a 24 y/o male, i live alone, work 45h / week and my only hobby is gaming and computers.. So i got the money to upgrade it later on if it prooves to be to hard for 2x titans to run SC when it gets fully released :)

Well, it is not only for star citizen, eventho as soon dog fight moduel gets released it will take 90% of my gaming time!

Also, i am a 24 y/o male, i live alone, work 45h / week and my only hobby is gaming and computers.. So i got the money to upgrade it later on if it prooves to be to hard for 2x titans to run SC when it gets fully released :)

Then all power to ya man!