Setup with Xbox 360

ItsTurbo
4 minutes ago, CodenameScorpion said:

Would it be possible if I bought an external sound card and a dual male usb to single female usb adapter for my XBox 360 (Yes I know it's over like 10 years old) could I use my Blue Snowball and my headphones? Would it work?

I dont think it would unless you can find a sound card made specifically for the 360 to be able to use things as a head set. You might find a headset adapter that could work to plug into the controller.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

Easiest way is to get an adapter that plugs in the controller or make a diy one. You can either sacrifice a xbox headset or get a connector. (2.5mm 3 pin i believe) It is mono audio for the mic and the headphones. You might need a ground loop isolator if you plug it in your pc or anything that is grounded, the xbox psu has some leakage that results in a humming noise. When i still played on the xbox, i had it connected to my mixer and headphones. (i took the headphone audio from the analog output though, you cant do that with the old model. You only get the chat from the controller, but you could plug your headphones into your tv to get the audio over hdmi)

27 minutes ago, Pesukarhu said:

Easiest way is to get an adapter that plugs in the controller or make a diy one. You can either sacrifice a xbox headset or get a connector. (2.5mm 3 pin i believe) It is mono audio for the mic and the headphones. You might need a ground loop isolator if you plug it in your pc or anything that is grounded, the xbox psu has some leakage that results in a humming noise. When i still played on the xbox, i had it connected to my mixer and headphones. (i took the headphone audio from the analog output though, you cant do that with the old model. You only get the chat from the controller, but you could plug your headphones into your tv to get the audio over hdmi)

I'm using an HP2207, the xbox would be plugged in via. HDMI to DVI(something) Connector. the monitor has an audio in port that is 3.5mm, but I do not know if the speakers work. With the usb adapter, I was hoping to use my snowball as a microphone for both my gaming pc and my xbox at the same time*.

*Using my pc for skype and xbox for Forza/COD. May not be used "at the same time" Mostly for convenience so I don't have to move the microphone's chord.