Help with upgrade plan

Go to solution Solved by Aytex,

It shall work

I'm going to be getting a new motherboard, RAM, and Case for a Pentium G4400, I plan on using the hard drive, and, power supply. I just need confirmation that it should work, also, I would like any recommendations, my budget is 200$. Link : http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Fs2zNN

It will work but your pc will be slow af

I'm a educated fool with money on my mind.

They say i got to learn but nobody here to teach me,if they can't understand it how can they reach me

Power and the money,money and the power,minute after minute,hour after hour

My Motivation

10 minutes ago, AceTaker said:

I'm going to be getting a new motherboard, RAM, and Case for a Pentium G4400, I plan on using the hard drive, and, power supply. I just need confirmation that it should work, also, I would like any recommendations, my budget is 200$. Link : http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Fs2zNN

This will be fine for a basic PC. You could browse thr web, do homework and the such reasonably well.

Dont expect any gaming on it except very very old games though.

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

8 hours ago, Moress said:

This will be fine for a basic PC. You could browse thr web, do homework and the such reasonably well.

Oh, how exactly could I change it to have it play games decently? Considering I could just eventually upgrade to an i3, i5, or i7. I thought that would be a good way to go. Considering I'm playing games right now with a R7 250, and a Athlon II X2 250. I think it would do considerably well in comparison.

12 minutes ago, AceTaker said:

Oh, how exactly could I change it to have it play games decently? Considering I could just eventually upgrade to an i3, i5, or i7. I thought that would be a good way to go. Considering I'm playing games right now with a R7 250, and a Athlon II X2 250. I think it would do considerably well in comparison.

The G4400 is big improvement on that old X2 250, and it will show in application performance, web browsing, etc. But if you're re-using the R7 250 you might not notice such a big difference across the board in games. I don't know how much the old CPU was holding you back, but it probably varies somewhat from game to game.

1 minute ago, typographie said:

The G4400 is big improvement on that old X2 250, and it will show in application performance, web browsing, etc. But if you're re-using the R7 250 you might not notice such a big difference across the board in games. I don't know how much the old CPU was holding you back, but it probably varies somewhat from game to game.

Well, my CPU is bottlenecking my graphics card. Then I plan on upgrading around Christmas...

9 hours ago, Moress said:

11 minutes ago, AceTaker said:

I was under the impression that he didnt have a GPU and would be using the iGPU

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

2 minutes ago, Moress said:

I was under the impression that he didnt have a GPU and would be using the iGPU

Oh, well I'm using a R7 250 MSI 2GB DDR3 OC Edition. It was revised, so I have the Cape Verde version.

11 minutes ago, AceTaker said:

Oh, well I'm using a R7 250 MSI 2GB DDR3 OC Edition. It was revised, so I have the Cape Verde version.

Well youre still not going to get a lot of performance but should be able to play games on low. And you can upgrade to an I5/I7 in the future, although it still wouldnt help much when paired with that 250.

7 minutes ago, Moress said:

Well youre still not going to get a lot of performance but should be able to play games on low. And you can upgrade to an I5/I7 in the future, although it still wouldnt help much when paired with that 250.

Considering I'm running Skyrim on High easily, and ESO on Medium-High, I think it would honestly be well worth it. And haven't you read above, I plan on upgrading the Graphics card around Christmas.