After some ideas please to help optimise my build

PaulPaul

I have recently returned my MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr due to problems I had with it. So at this time my build looks like this:

i5-4670K

Evo 212 Cooler

MSI Z87-G43 Mother board (blue one)

CX600M

2x4GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

WD 750GB Black hard drive

Corsair 200R

I have about £380 - £400 budget and am after ideas on how best to build it. I know that a lot of answers may be get a cheaper 1070, however I am still interested as to what ideas you may have.

I play all sorts of games from League to GTA V and Battlefield also. I play at 1080p on a 60hz monitor, and can't see myself upgrading to higher unless my monitor breaks.

Thanks all!

26 minutes ago, PaulPaul said:

I have recently returned my MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr due to problems I had with it. So at this time my build looks like this:

i5-4670K

Evo 212 Cooler

MSI Z87-G43 Mother board (blue one)

CX600M

2x4GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

WD 750GB Black hard drive

Corsair 200R

I have about £380 - £400 budget and am after ideas on how best to build it. I know that a lot of answers may be get a cheaper 1070, however I am still interested as to what ideas you may have.

I play all sorts of games from League to GTA V and Battlefield also. I play at 1080p on a 60hz monitor, and can't see myself upgrading to higher unless my monitor breaks.

Thanks all!

MightyMic gets it ^^

40 minutes ago, MightyMic said:

I'd get a GTX 1060, an SSD and a better power supply... and more ram

25 minutes ago, Caolan.Kelly said:

MightyMic gets it ^^

I didn't think about SSD and 1060, seems like a good idea to get better general imrpovement.

What is wrong with the power supply?

6 minutes ago, PaulPaul said:

I didn't think about SSD and 1060, seems like a good idea to get better general imrpovement.

What is wrong with the power supply?

Psu is okay in my opinion sea sonic and xfx is always best  cover and its around the sweet spot aswell 

corsair cxm green sticker psu generally is bad for OCing systems. Given you have k cpu and z87 chipset, you probly wanna oc at some point. when you do, ur psu will be working with more stress and the medium-low quality parts in this psu may cause troubles. note that when psu breaks, it potentially will bring some other parts down with it say cpu or mobo.

But if you dont oc at all, just get a 1060 or 480 and you will be good. SSD will be nice too.