Laptop Cooling Question

Hi guys so  i want to Cool my Laptop's SSD really hot in our country so i decided to do this..

i put some double sided Tape made a Square so i can trap the Thermal Paste then stick this thin HeatSink under my SSD. the laptop is Elevated i have bottle caps left and right. and i have an cooling pad.  before my normal SSD temp was 46-47 now i got 42. air around my room is not that cold and the sun is still up. and an noon can get to 48 when its hot.  

Question will the thermal paste stick like a GUM between the SSD's Body and the HEatSink? wont it melt and go flat on the HeatSink cause there is a GAP between right ? like 1CM because of the Double Sided tape. i did a fair amount like 3 rice grain so it will stick to the HeatSink and the SSD Body.. tnx 

13672141_1406799459346878_824523367_n.jpg

3 hours ago, sanipig18 said:

Hi guys so  i want to Cool my Laptop's SSD really hot in our country so i decided to do this..

i put some double sided Tape made a Square so i can trap the Thermal Paste then stick this thin HeatSink under my SSD. the laptop is Elevated i have bottle caps left and right. and i have an cooling pad.  before my normal SSD temp was 46-47 now i got 42. air around my room is not that cold and the sun is still up. and an noon can get to 48 when its hot.  

Question will the thermal paste stick like a GUM between the SSD's Body and the HEatSink? wont it melt and go flat on the HeatSink cause there is a GAP between right ? like 1CM because of the Double Sided tape. i did a fair amount like 3 rice grain so it will stick to the HeatSink and the SSD Body.. tnx 

13672141_1406799459346878_824523367_n.jpg

Interesting idea. Thermal paste does tend to act a bit like gum but I am not certain if it "flows" when warm. Trial and error i suppose?

The only thing we have to fear is... Stupidity...

after putting the thermal paste my SSD's Heat went down.. maybe ill make the Square smaller so the Paste would occupy all the space, bit large for the amount that i put... temp is good -3ºC actually ... its night time and its not even Cold..

#HardDiskSentinel