AC1900 Router

GeorgeVes

Hi guys,

I'm curently unable to run a Gigabit cable across my house( a problem with my wife  :D ).

I'm planning on getting a AC1900 setup consisting of a router and a PCE wireless adapter. For the adapter I've settled for an Asus PCE-AC68(which I believe is the one working on Z87 motherboards). I havent chosen a router yet though... Curently deciding between a RT-AC68 and a EA6900... Can you tell me which one is better in terms of coverage and speed ? Or sugest another router/adapter perhaps...

I'm running the RT-AC68U at home and its been flawless. It has more than enough power to cover a medium to large house and often times found myself still connected to my network a block or so away from my house until i turned down the power. I also have to say that speed wise, its the fastest consumer router I've used.

The ASUS (RT-AC68U) would be the best choice for sure.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans

Hey I read this review - http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/32239-ac1900-first-look-netgear-r7000-a-asus-rt-ac68u

And compared with the Netgear R7000 - and the Netgear show significantly better results and much less fluctuations when transfering data. And it's 20$ cheaper... What do you guys think ? I am personally starting to change my mind...