Custom loop issues. Correct testing of flow rate from pump.

Hello. First time custom water loop builder here, and I ran into some problems. I bought the EKWB Performance set.(https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-p240)  After installing everything (2x 240 rad. 1x cpu block and a gpu block, I found the temps to be even higher than what I got on air..  After making sure there was no blockage  in rads or blocks I was left wondering if the pump was bad. I bought a Aqua computer flow and temp sensor. And what it shows is barely 11 L/H  ( 0,048 GPM ) at the end of the loop.. I placed the sensor between GPU block and return to res. 

So what I did today was to get 50 cm of tube going from in port to out port with the flow sensor in the middle of the tube. The reading was 38 L/H ( 0,16 GPM ). Is this a correct way to test it, or is it me doing everything wrong? Perhaps I just got a bad pump?  EKWB's user guide states that it should be operating around 375-440 L/H ( 1,65 - 1,93 GPM ) with the D5 pump in that loop. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

27 minutes ago, Treline said:

Hello. First time custom water loop builder here, and I ran into some problems. I bought the EKWB Performance set.(https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-p240)  After installing everything (2x 240 rad. 1x cpu block and a gpu block, I found the temps to be even higher than what I got on air..  After making sure there was no blockage  in rads or blocks I was left wondering if the pump was bad. I bought a Aqua computer flow and temp sensor. And what it shows is barely 11 L/H  ( 0,048 GPM ) at the end of the loop.. I placed the sensor between GPU block and return to res. 

So what I did today was to get 50 cm of tube going from in port to out port with the flow sensor in the middle of the tube. The reading was 38 L/H ( 0,16 GPM ). Is this a correct way to test it, or is it me doing everything wrong? Perhaps I just got a bad pump?  EKWB's user guide states that it should be operating around 375-440 L/H ( 1,65 - 1,93 GPM ) with the D5 pump in that loop. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Is it a PWM D5 pump in that kit? If so have you configured it in the bios properly?

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

I am using it with ASUS 170-A witch has a dedicated Water pump port. I set it to PWM mode and 100% cycle. Bios showed 4800 rpm witch is correct RPM according to the manufacture. Also tried not having the PWM cable connected ( Did read somewhere it would go to 100% automatically) 

7 minutes ago, Treline said:

I am using it with ASUS 170-A witch has a dedicated Water pump port. I set it to PWM mode and 100% cycle. Bios showed 4800 rpm witch is correct RPM according to the manufacture. Also tried not having the PWM cable connected ( Did read somewhere it would go to 100% automatically) 

Use the quote button so we get notified when you reply.

PWM pumps need power to go at full speed otherwise they're super slow. Can you get a pic of your loop up?

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

29 minutes ago, vong said:

Use the quote button so we get notified when you reply.

PWM pumps need power to go at full speed otherwise they're super slow. Can you get a pic of your loop up?

The whole loop is in parts at the moment sadly. As I'm likly to send back the entire pump/res unit anyways. I just tried the pump on 2 different Mobo's, both report 4800rpm and 100% power. But the flow stay the same. But if the picture was to see how I hocked it all up, here it is in writing.  Pump->240->CPU->240->GPU->Flow meter->Res.

Im not sure what you meant about power in last reply, but both Molex and PWM cable is connected of course. 

Just now, Treline said:

The whole loop is in parts at the moment sadly. As I'm likly to send back the entire pump/res unit anyways. I just tried the pump on 2 different Mobo's, both report 4800rpm and 100% power. But the flow stay the same. But if the picture was to see how I hocked it all up, here it is in writing.  Pump->240->CPU->240->GPU->Flow meter->Res.

Im not sure what you meant about power in last reply, but both Molex and PWM cable is connected of course. 

Well if the flow isn't strong then yeah send it back.

Seen some youtubers have problems filling up loops using PWM pumps where the system is off and the pump runs real slow. The PWM connector needs a signal to operate the pump at full speed.

1 minute ago, vong said:

Well if the flow isn't strong then yeah send it back.

Seen some youtubers have problems filling up loops using PWM pumps where the system is off and the pump runs real slow. The PWM connector needs a signal to operate the pump at full speed.

Yeah, seen a lot of different tings around as well. But I'll send it back so the "professional" people can decide if its bad or not. All 3 mobos I've tried does report pump operating at max rmp, so I guess I need to believe them :<

I do thank you a lot for your time and help. Vong and Zyndo!   Its not easy to be green, but hey, we all need to start somewhere :)   

Have a good morning/afternoon/night!