Local 2 player on VR, would it work?

I was wondering how local 2 player would work on VR Like 2 gamers on one PC with VR playing the same game. Quite a bit ports taken up I do know, but would it work. Obviously I do not have the materials to find out. but in the future I do plan to have a setup like such when I have the cash around! xD

I think it would be quite fun. Like it could be myself and my best friend trying to go head to head trying to win on like Grid 2 or some other splitscreen multiplayer Racing game.

I can imagine quite expensive. like 300 per steering wheel 450 per seat/cage 800 per VR device and like 12-1600 for the system it self. Possibly more for the actual system if you go ITX HTPC.

I'm just curious. Would it work and if it does how does it work? Excuse me for my grammar, English isn't my best subject! xD

Well, it would obviously should work the same way x-Gamers-1-CPU did, by installing and running multiple operating systems and games simultaneously on the same machine. I doubt that there will be some kind of VR split screen mode supported by games, since the target audience - people with two VR headsets - is rather small.^^

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

Well I guess I'm one of the few that would be in that kind of market. Especially since I would rather have my GF in the same room as me or my best friend when playing a game.  also I wouldn't say split screen. They would each have their own VR headset. maybe on the main monitor it would show split screen. I mean it would target a unique audience indeed. the same kind that is stuck in the 90's maybe early 2000's. In fact when I get my house built I plan to do such. I'm just waiting on a certain check from a court case myself and my lil bro is included in.