moved files off of c drive and they are gone

RichieXtheXboss

I tried moving my downloads documents and other folders onto my mass storage drive and it made them disappear and I cant find where they went so how do I get them back on my startup drive went into properties location then changed it to (:e and now they are messed up please help Idk how to fix it

CPU: i5 4690k  (overclocked to 4.3ghz)             CPU Cooler: Cryorig h7                 MOBO:  Msi Z97 pc mate             RAM: 8GB HyperX 1600 blue

GPU: rx480  4gb                                                 CASE: Corsair Spec-01 red              OS: Windows 10

PSU: EVGA 500   watt                                       SSD:    v60gb Mushkin ssd                HDD: 1000GB WD BLUE

Have you tried searching each drive for some of the files you're looking for?

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

Just now, failblox said:

Have you tried searching each drive for some of the files you're looking for?

they turned into a E.\ file and it goes into my drive stuff

CPU: i5 4690k  (overclocked to 4.3ghz)             CPU Cooler: Cryorig h7                 MOBO:  Msi Z97 pc mate             RAM: 8GB HyperX 1600 blue

GPU: rx480  4gb                                                 CASE: Corsair Spec-01 red              OS: Windows 10

PSU: EVGA 500   watt                                       SSD:    v60gb Mushkin ssd                HDD: 1000GB WD BLUE

2 minutes ago, RichieXtheXboss said:

they turned into a E.\ file and it goes into my drive stuff

It's on your E:\ drive? Can you try searching that? Check the properties of the libraries you've changed to see if they will tell you the location to which you moved it.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

3 minutes ago, failblox said:

It's on your E:\ drive? Can you try searching that? Check the properties of the libraries you've changed to see if they will tell you the location to which you moved it.

I tried moving it to my e drive to save space but now the icons that used to show on quick access are gone

Just now, RichieXtheXboss said:

I tried moving it to my e drive to save space but now the icons that used to show on quick access are gone

Do they show up under "This PC"?

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

4 minutes ago, failblox said:

Do they show up under "This PC"?

when I click this pc I get a download folder but it shows (has the download button on the folder ) but it takes me to my c drive and the documents and desktop are the same way

Just now, RichieXtheXboss said:

when I click this pc I get a download folder but it shows (has the download button on the folder ) but it takes me to my c drive and the documents and desktop are the same way

Could you explain in more detail how you initially moved the windows libraries (Downloads, Documents, Pictures, etc.) to another drive? I'm not too sure what you did in your original post. Did you change the location using the properties of the library, or did you copy and paste it?

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

3 minutes ago, failblox said:

Could you explain in more detail how you initially moved the windows libraries (Downloads, Documents, Pictures, etc.) to another drive? I'm not too sure what you did in your original post. Did you change the location using the properties of the library, or did you copy and paste it?

what I did is I went to the files on quick access

then right clicked on files

went into properties then location

and then clicked on my e drive mass storage drive then two popups went up read and clicked yes then they were gone and it all got messed up

1 minute ago, RichieXtheXboss said:

what I did is I went to the files on quick access

then right clicked on files

went into properties then location

and then clicked on my e drive mass storage drive then two popups went up read and clicked yes then they were gone and it all got messed up

Can you check if the files are on the E:\ drive? If you moved them there, they should be somewhere on there. Try searching your entire E:\ drive using the Windows Explorer search function under E:\

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

5 minutes ago, failblox said:

Can you check if the files are on the E:\ drive? If you moved them there, they should be somewhere on there. Try searching your entire E:\ drive using the Windows Explorer search function under E:\

I see them but they are all empty is there a way to reset everytrhing back to original location

I think I fixed it that was a nightmare had to use bat files to fix it because I dint have access