NEED HELP! Windows 10 Won't upgrade!

Alexcalibur

Whenever I try to upgrade to windows 10, it gives me a message that the display is not supported. My GPU is a Asus GTX 950, the one that draws PCIe power, and my displays are 2x Dell U2412M. Both of these are fairly modern, so I have no idea why it won't work. Please help someone as Windows 10 isn't free after the 29th of this month. Also my OS is Windows 7 Home Premium. 

Is this through installation media or the get windows 10 app?

If it's the latter, then just download the installation media through the media creation tool and use that, but if you already have then even I don't know what to do unless it's a driver for the GPU that's causing it.

2 minutes ago, demonix00 said:

Is this through installation media or the get windows 10 app?

If it's the latter, then just download the installation media through the media creation tool and use that, but if you already have then even I don't know what to do unless it's a driver for the GPU that's causing it.

I am using the Windows 10 Instillation Assistant as it says. All of my drivers are up to date. 

Revert back to an older driver as I've had in the past the windows 10 upgrade does throw a wobbler or two with certain graphics cards drivers and states that it isn't compatible.

Also you didn't mention the source of the installer, windows update (meaning the get windows 10 app) or installation media obtained through the windows 10 media creation tool (if it's the former, then try getting new installation media through the media creation tool or even use the media creation tool to perform the upgrade if the language your OS is set for is supported by it).

1 minute ago, demonix00 said:

Revert back to an older driver as I've had in the past the windows 10 upgrade does throw a wobbler or two with certain graphics cards drivers and states that it isn't compatible.

Also you didn't mention the source of the installer, windows update (meaning the get windows 10 app) or installation media obtained through the windows 10 media creation tool (if it's the former, then try getting new installation media through the media creation tool or even use the media creation tool to perform the upgrade if the language your OS is set for is supported by it).

Where can I download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool?

Have you tried going through obtaining install media through the media creation tool and seeing if that make any difference, but if it doesn't (or you've already done that) then the only thing I can suggest you try is to roll back the graphics driver to an earlier version, or as long as you have everything backed up and have the windows 7 product key to hand you can try a clean install to see if it takes (if you don't want to risk your current install and have a spare hard drive you can use that to test it).

2 minutes ago, demonix00 said:

Have you tried going through obtaining install media through the media creation tool and seeing if that make any difference, but if it doesn't (or you've already done that) then the only thing I can suggest you try is to roll back the graphics driver to an earlier version, or as long as you have everything backed up and have the windows 7 product key to hand you can try a clean install to see if it takes (if you don't want to risk your current install and have a spare hard drive you can use that to test it).

I just installed this 950 earlier this afternoon, before there was a HD 7770 in this thing. I tried both with two different sets of drivers and they both don't work. This is also a work computer so a clean wipe wouldn't work :/