Remote video converting

gibbsy81

I would like a application that I can run on my pc and when my dad downloads a movie legit of course if he needs to covert it I want it so he can dump it in a program then turn my pc on then run a application which will grab the file from my dads machine and use the power of my machine to convert it to a different format if possible I would like it to be able to take advantage of my gtx 650.

Unless you want to set up your pc as a home server with remote access on it so he can download and stream straight from it, then there is no program that can do what you want.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Well you can always set up networking permissions, then use whatever program it is to convert the file (Handbrake maybe? GPU encoding is pretty bad and costs money. CPU encoding is better and can be done free.) and select the file on his PC as the target, and another location on his PC as the destination. That way your PC will read the file from his machine, transcode it, and then send it back.

Air video is a good converter that I used to convert video files for my ipad. If you wanted to convert to a file to a format that is not accepted by apple products (mkv) then you will have to try something else.

If you had a network drive mapped so that you can share files from your computer and your dad's computer, then your dad's computer could download all movies to that drive... then you can convert them from your computer without having to transfer files.

EDIT : it uses the power of your cpu to convert the files.

EDIT 2: you'll need an apple device to make it work.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Air video is a good converter that I used to convert video files for my ipad. If you wanted to convert to a file to a format that is not accepted by apple products (mkv) then you will have to try something else.

If you had a network drive mapped so that you can share files from your computer and your dad's computer, then your dad's computer could download all movies to that drive... then you can convert them from your computer without having to transfer files.

EDIT : it uses the power of your cpu to convert the files.

EDIT 2: you'll need an apple device to make it work.

Yeah I'll try that tonight.