PC restarting loop in one user olney

So when i was at ma PC in my personal user, the PC was restarting after a while, and after that every 5min. But when i go to my dad's user the PC didnt chrash ecsept when i was loged in. I ran the ram diagnostic tool, as i thouth it had to do something with my memory, but found no isue. I checkt the event log where an error id 41 was shown but all the other info was 0. I would say its my PSU or motherboard but the fact that its doing it to olney one user bafels me. So does anybody know the aswen to my problem?

So it does it only while on your user account but not in other user accounts? That what you are saying? Does your account have some software running what others don't? Easy way to solve this is to make new user account and move all files to it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, Andy201 said:

So when i was at ma PC in my personal user, the PC was restarting after a while, and after that every 5min. But when i go to my dad's user the PC didnt chrash ecsept when i was loged in. I ran the ram diagnostic tool, as i thouth it had to do something with my memory, but found no isue. I checkt the event log where an error id 41 was shown but all the other info was 0. I would say its my PSU or motherboard but the fact that its doing it to olney one user bafels me. So does anybody know the aswen to my problem?

Check task manager to make sure there's not a scheduled task that runs when you login as that particular user that is telling it to shutdown. 

Is it actually crashing or is it safely shutting the computer down?

CPU: AMD 7800X3D  | GPU: Asus Dual RTX 2080 Advanced | RAM: 32GB 6000MHz CL30 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F

PSU: Corsair RX750 | OS: Windows 11 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Brown Switches) 

4 hours ago, Flobberknock said:

Check task manager to make sure there's not a scheduled task that runs when you login as that particular user that is telling it to shutdown. 

Is it actually crashing or is it safely shutting the computer down?

I checket and thers none, because my PC chrashes

I think it has something to do with google chrome but im not shure sence its working perfectly fine on my dad's user/accaunt. I left my PC idle with olney chrome open and it chrashed, but then i left olney steam oper( it opend after the restart and 5min after that it restarted(when it did restard chrome was open)). To many tabs? :)

20 hours ago, Andy201 said:

I checket and thers none, because my PC chrashes

I think it has something to do with google chrome but im not shure sence its working perfectly fine on my dad's user/accaunt. I left my PC idle with olney chrome open and it chrashed, but then i left olney steam oper( it opend after the restart and 5min after that it restarted(when it did restard chrome was open)). To many tabs? :)

What happens when it crashes? Does it bluescreen?

CPU: AMD 7800X3D  | GPU: Asus Dual RTX 2080 Advanced | RAM: 32GB 6000MHz CL30 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F

PSU: Corsair RX750 | OS: Windows 11 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Brown Switches) 

On 26. 7. 2016 at 3:58 PM, Flobberknock said:

What happens when it crashes? Does it bluescreen?

no it just restarts (bios screen before it loads in to windows)

i just updated my gpu drivers, the problem doesnt happen so often as it did, but it still happens most of the times after i start the PC (5-20min) and after like 2 restarts its open for a few hours. 

I moved to existing second user (for when my brothers and sister want to print) and have seen no chrashes yet. All my apps are here(the ones that install for one user olney), i just have to deel with siging into websites. Synchronized google chrome (for all my shortcuts and tabs) so it seems that the problem was softwere based(witch i sill dont know what caused it) so thanks LoGiCalDrm and Flobberknock for the help anyway!!!

46 minutes ago, Andy201 said:

I moved to existing second user (for when my brothers and sister want to print) and have seen no chrashes yet. All my apps are here(the ones that install for one user olney), i just have to deel with siging into websites. Synchronized google chrome (for all my shortcuts and tabs) so it seems that the problem was softwere based(witch i sill dont know what caused it) so thanks LoGiCalDrm and Flobberknock for the help anyway!!!

No problem, at least you have a workaround I guess

The only other thing I could think of then is checking what's set to launch at startup, as like you say it must be some program you've got set to run when that specific user account logs in

1 hour ago, Flobberknock said:

No problem, at least you have a workaround I guess

The only other thing I could think of then is checking what's set to launch at startup, as like you say it must be some program you've got set to run when that specific user account logs in

i realy havent got much diffrent from other users and recently i disabeled steam and all other apps that were my user specific

so maby it might have something to do with the combo of softwere? I'll check if it has something to do whit those browser cookies. I did have my microsoft account connectet to the user so maby that? But for now im ok as im planning to buy a laptop for school later this month anyway, so its a good workarround for now. THANKS AGAIN!!!!

rdj_thanks.gif