Build Edit Suggestions

Go to solution Solved by Langdon,

What would you recommend? I do 3D modeling and Battlefield 4 will be my most hardware stressing game based on my research.

If you're doing 3D modeling, I'd get an 8320 or 8350 and whatever AM3+ motherboard looks the best to you and is in your budget (personally I avoid the brands Biostar and Asrock though). You can pick from pcpartpicker http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/motherboard/#s=4

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjXMOsswUpDXdERZZU1NcXc3R3g1REl5QmJiamhmSlE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

This is what I have so far for a build.

I would like to lower the pricing down to under $1000(with Razer naga and Razer Blackwidow Stealth.)

I like the CPU, Vid Card, Case, and the extra HUE.

I am willing to change motherboards, add storage and RAM, and cooling.

To see what I plan to use this machine for look at my past post.

*note: Keep in mind the graphics card does not have a defined price yet.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58820-newbie-help-wanted-recommended-build-components/#entry796484

*Edit

Ummmmm this is not a troll I'm just a big noob :(

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

son, why do you have a Xeon?

nevermind a Xeon but what are you doing with that 970 board? 

Error: 410

Reading the CPU and mobo I realize this is a troll build.

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Reading the CPU and mobo I realize this is a troll build.

Actually this is not a troll I'm just that much of a noob at PC building :( soooo...... yea.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Awkies...

Corsair 350D - ASUS Maximus V Gene - Intel 3770K @ 4.6Ghz - Corsair H100i - G-skill Trident X 2666Mhz 4x4Gb - 2 x EVGA GTX 680 Classified 4Gb @ 1250Mhz - Corsair 860i - 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 240GB (Raid 0)

son, why do you have a Xeon?

nevermind a Xeon but what are you doing with that 970 board? 

Picked what I thought was the best for my usage based off replies of my previous posting.

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLLLOLOLLOLOLOLLOLOLLO build

in my basement,using a computer,staring at a 1024x768 screen

That motherboard is for AMD CPUs that are socket AM3+, the Xeon is not compatible.

Get a 4670K with a socket 1150 motherboard. The rest looks okay.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Stopped reading after the third line. Proc and motherboard are worlds apart.

Sorry but what do you mean by Proc?

That motherboard is for AMD CPUs that are socket AM3+, the Xeon is not compatible.

Thank you I would have never known until I wasted the money.

This is a troll account right?

He might just be new to the PC world, I know I sounded like this when I was new. Don't go off on everyone just because you think they sound dumb.

Proc means processor, OP.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

A. Xeon+AM3+= no

B. It will come out to 1400 because the R9-290x is 730$

C. Black widow stealth is crap, get a Ducky

I would prefer a Razer keyboard just because I like their synapse software.

Actually this is not a troll I'm just that much of a noob at PC building :( soooo...... yea.

Well in that case. i would get a 8350 instead of that xeon which doesn't even work with it for sure. And if you really need it under 1000 your gonna have to go with the R9 280X

in my basement,using a computer,staring at a 1024x768 screen

I would prefer a Razer keyboard just because I like their synapse software.

You shouldn't need any software with a Ducky

Guys, even if this troll we have to help the,. This is a place for people looking for help.

The CPU and motherboard won't work together. AMD has to go with AMD.

For the fans, I would get two Noctua A14 FLX fans instead of the 120mm fans.

This is a troll account right?

I swear it is not I know very little about computer hardware I know generally how they work but that is it.

He might just be new to the PC world, I know I sounded like this when I was new. Don't go off on everyone just because you think they sound dumb.

Proc means processor, OP.

oh now I feel dumb because I should have been able to guess that. heh

What would you recommend? I do 3D modeling and Battlefield 4 will be my most hardware stressing game based on my research.

If you're doing 3D modeling, I'd get an 8320 or 8350 and whatever AM3+ motherboard looks the best to you and is in your budget (personally I avoid the brands Biostar and Asrock though). You can pick from pcpartpicker http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/motherboard/#s=4

As rock is fine IMO if you don't mind an ugly PCB

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

As rock is fine IMO if you don't mind an ugly PCB

I've heard a lot of bad quality issues on Asrock motherboards so I tend to avoid them. They can't be all bad but that's just the stigma of Asrock boards to me.