What is Bonic?

Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,

BOINC is a project manager program. BOINC stands for: Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing. BOINC is not something like Folding@home, where they focus on a set of things. Rather BOINC Is much more open and is only a manager. You can do projects like Poem@home, Milkyway@home, SETI@home, etc.

BOINC is a project manager program. BOINC stands for: Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing. BOINC is not something like Folding@home, where they focus on a set of things. Rather BOINC Is much more open and is only a manager. You can do projects like Poem@home, Milkyway@home, SETI@home, etc.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

What else is there that is @Home...

There's MindModeling@home, FightMalaria@home, etc. But then BOINC also has projects like PrimeGrid which look for prime numbers, including the largest possible one.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

PrimeGrid which look for prime numbers, including the largest possible one.

I'm curious, do you know the actual application of such research?

Error: 410

There's MindModeling@home, FightMalaria@home, etc. But then BOINC also has projects like PrimeGrid which look for prime numbers, including the largest possible one.

What is a prime number?

I'm curious, do you know the actual application of such research?

No. I only know of the project's existence.

What is a prime number?

According to Dictionary.com: "A positive integer that is not divisible without remainder by any integer except itself and 1, with 1 often excluded."

According to Dictionary.com: "A positive integer that is not divisible without remainder by any integer except itself and 1, with 1 often excluded."

example of

1,2,3,5,7,11 etc.

Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz                               DCUII GTX 680                            16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

Sabertooth Z77 ATX                                      WD Caviar Blue 500GB+ 1TB      Corsair Obsidian 750D

Corsair TX850M Watt PSU                            Bad Custom Water Cooling          Samsung 840 Pro SSD

What is a prime number?

What did they teach you in school?

If a positive number is only divisible by itself or 1, it is a prime number.

The first 5 are: 

It's time for stupid information locked in my brain time! Another prime number is 1033 and so is 3301! i don't know why i know this... i have no real reason to

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L