Heat issue with Zalman reserator max 3 dual

Hi, I made a thread about this before but in the wrong section. I've had my Zalman Reserator Max 3 Dual on an i7 4790k for about a year now, and it's been working fine. A few weeks ago, i took it out to clean it, but upon reinstallation i found that my temps had skyrocketed to 90 Celcius in BIOS. The computer boots fine and everything else works. I managed to fix it by giving it 12v and shaking it a bit, but skip forward two weeks and i have the issue again. I've replaced the thermal paste several times, the LED on the pump still lights and it still makes sound. The tubes are too thick to tell if water is moving inside, but the 240mm radiator is pushing out only cold air. Any help would be greatly appricated.

Thanks

While that makes sense, I think i'll just switch to a hyper 212 evo as i'm kinda on a budget. I have another PC to put that into if i ever figure out how to fix this

Just now, JamboSquidge said:

While that makes sense, I think i'll just switch to a hyper 212 evo as i'm kinda on a budget. I have another PC to put that into if i ever figure out how to fix this

Sounds good. Let me know if this fixes the issue! But before you make the purchase do check and make sure you're fan control settings on the motherboard are set to "pump" mode or similar.

1 minute ago, waynedud3 said:

Sounds good. Let me know if this fixes the issue! But before you make the purchase do check and make sure you're fan control settings on the motherboard are set to "pump" mode or similar.

The fans detect the heat and spin up to 100%, but im not super experienced in BIOS and i'm not totally sure where to find these settings, not to mention that i dont particularly want to run this system for ages at 80C