New Keyboard or Headphones?

Rayve

So! I have a budget of $46 and I NEED new peripherals. (no not want)
My logi K360 keyboard has typed like crap since I first got it, which you can expect from a $20 wireless keyboard. It's cheap, it feels cheap, its super mushy and awful to type on, and it malfunctions sometimes (although they are rare). Literally, my fingers are crying for help every time I click a key on this thing. Typing on a touch screen is better, and that's saying a lot. I'm almost positive that this thing will kick the bucket sooner or later and I do NOT want to be stuck with an on-screen keyboard for any amount of time.  I went hunting on Amazon and found a (possible) replacement: the EagleTec KG010. Click spoiler if you wonder why I chose a keyboard as uncommon as this. If you have one, tell me how it is.

Spoiler

Now, while the company is one you may not have heard of, it makes all the Redragon products, which are known to be great products for an unheard of price. I read reviews, which were pretty much all positive besides one saying that theirs had come with a factory defect. It has blue Outemu switches (I typed on Razer Green switches and loved them, and the outemus, while not as high in quality, have pretty much the same typing experience), and has blue backlighting to match my setup and has an aluminum frontplate like the K70. It seems perfect for my setup, and it would be an astronomical step from the pile of manure I'm typing on now.

I was originally planning on buying that, but then I realized - I could get new headphones for that too - and my speakers, well, aren't even designed for what I use them for (gaming and YouTube). I have an old iHome that I repurposed as my computer speakers after my Apple Earpods kicked the bucket. Yeah - you can already tell they are crap. While voices can be heard in YouTube videos and in skype calls are muffled and IMPOSSIBLE to make out over the distorted noise that is gunfire in games like Counter-Strike or Arma, and footsteps and Counter-Strike, well, aren't there. A new set of headphones is almost a priority, and I have my eyes set on Status Audio HD Ones, which are widely accepted as the best headphones under $50. If you have one, tell me how you like em. (I already have a condenser microphone so I don't need a headset.)

Well that's where I am stuck. I need a new keyboard and new headphones, but I don't know which one I should by first. Any opinions? Thanks

7 minutes ago, Rayve said:

So! I have a budget of $46 and I NEED new peripherals. (no not want)
My logi K360 keyboard has typed like crap since I first got it, which you can expect from a $20 wireless keyboard. It's cheap, it feels cheap, its super mushy and awful to type on, and it malfunctions sometimes (although they are rare). Literally, my fingers are crying for help every time I click a key on this thing. Typing on a touch screen is better, and that's saying a lot. I'm almost positive that this thing will kick the bucket sooner or later and I do NOT want to be stuck with an on-screen keyboard for any amount of time.  I went hunting on Amazon and found a (possible) replacement: the EagleTec KG010. Click spoiler if you wonder why I chose a keyboard as uncommon as this. If you have one, tell me how it is.

Hide contents

Now, while the company is one you may not have heard of, it makes all the Redragon products, which are known to be great products for an unheard of price. I read reviews, which were pretty much all positive besides one saying that theirs had come with a factory defect. It has blue Outemu switches (I typed on Razer Green switches and loved them, and the outemus, while not as high in quality, have pretty much the same typing experience), and has blue backlighting to match my setup and has an aluminum frontplate like the K70. It seems perfect for my setup, and it would be an astronomical step from the pile of manure I'm typing on now.

I was originally planning on buying that, but then I realized - I could get new headphones for that too - and my speakers, well, aren't even designed for what I use them for (gaming and YouTube). I have an old iHome that I repurposed as my computer speakers after my Apple Earpods kicked the bucket. Yeah - you can already tell they are crap. While voices can be heard in YouTube videos and in skype calls are muffled and IMPOSSIBLE to make out over the distorted noise that is gunfire in games like Counter-Strike or Arma, and footsteps and Counter-Strike, well, aren't there. A new set of headphones is almost a priority, and I have my eyes set on Status Audio HD Ones, which are widely accepted as the best headphones under $50. If you have one, tell me how you like em. (I already have a condenser microphone so I don't need a headset.)

Well that's where I am stuck. I need a new keyboard and new headphones, but I don't know which one I should by first. Any opinions? Thanks

Headphones. For that price while not being the best they might last you for some time just as my Steelseries Siberia for around the same price. If you get a keyboard for that money you will not be satisfied.

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Cooler Noctua NH-D15S | MB Asus ROG Strix B550 A-Gaming | RAM 2 x G.Skill Trident Z Royal silver 16 GB @ 3200 MHz CL14 | GPU Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Vision OC 8G

Case Fractal Design Define C TG | SSD(s) Boot: Samsung 970 EVO 250 GBPrograms: Samsung 970 EVO 1 TBData: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB | PSU Seasonic Focus GX 750W

Screen(s) Main: ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-mhd, Second: Asus PB277Q, Third: LG Flatron E2240T | Keyboard Ducky One (MX Blues) | Mouse Logitech G Pro Gaming

Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2X PCIe, System: Edifier R1280DB | OS Windows 10, 64 Bit

On that tight of a budget it isn't easy to get decent speakers/headphones so I would recommend something like this keyboard https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B014PC9860/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all don't trust me on that because I really don't know much about keyboards because I DON'T like mechanical keys for I have the Razer Deathstalker Chroma

Dude, you got yourself into that position with those bad products and setup because you didn't have a good budget. Don't be cheap again and have a bad budget. Save a little longer and get a 75 dollar keyboard that will last, after that move onto your headphones. If your savy gathering that amount of money wont be a struggle, you'll need patience is all.

Just now, Blackas_00 said:

Dude, you got yourself into that position with those bad products and setup because you didn't have a good budget. Don't be cheap again and have a bad budget. Save a little longer and get a 75 dollar keyboard that will last, after that move onto your headphones. If your savy gathering that amount of money wont be a struggle, you'll need patience is all.

After I've got my Ducky One I wouldn't even recommend going lower than 100$ and get a really nice mechanical one. You won't regret this I promise.

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Cooler Noctua NH-D15S | MB Asus ROG Strix B550 A-Gaming | RAM 2 x G.Skill Trident Z Royal silver 16 GB @ 3200 MHz CL14 | GPU Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Vision OC 8G

Case Fractal Design Define C TG | SSD(s) Boot: Samsung 970 EVO 250 GBPrograms: Samsung 970 EVO 1 TBData: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB | PSU Seasonic Focus GX 750W

Screen(s) Main: ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-mhd, Second: Asus PB277Q, Third: LG Flatron E2240T | Keyboard Ducky One (MX Blues) | Mouse Logitech G Pro Gaming

Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2X PCIe, System: Edifier R1280DB | OS Windows 10, 64 Bit

Just now, Darchitect said:

On that tight of a budget it isn't easy to get decent speakers/headphones so I would recommend something like this keyboard https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B014PC9860/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all don't trust me on that because I really don't know much about keyboards because I DON'T like mechanical keys for I have the Razer Deathstalker Chroma

Deathstalker is membrane, as well as the switches in the keyboard you sent me and the one im using now. Deathstalker should type like an average laptop keyboard.

1 minute ago, intelCore said:

Headphones. For that price while not being the best they might last you for some time just as my Steelseries Siberia for around the same price. If you get a keyboard for that money you will not be satisfied.

All the reviewers said they were satisfied and if it types better than what I have now and doesn't have problems (which nobody mentioned) it should be good. I don't care if the switches aren't as crisp as Cherry switches either.

and I am not spending $180 on k70 rgbs k maybe I could save for like a quickfire rapid keyboard but not forking out more than $80 on a keyboard.

2 minutes ago, Blackas_00 said:

well I never really bought this keyboard in the first place my dad let me use it because my laptop broke a few years ago so I had to use it like a desktop and I needed a keyboard for it. I will never intend on buying products as crappy as a wireless membrane keyboard for a gaming setup either.

Its not that I ever bought anything bad, in fact all my purchases have been great (besides turtle beaches I bought for my xbox back in the day that broke in a month), but the k360 and iHome are placeholders until I get something better.

The only position I got myself in was a financial one but I'm glad I overspent on a PC (gotta hit that 60 frames on arma m8) and I am willing to wait to save up for something better. The advice you gave me on looking out for low-quality keyboards was good, but I don't think I have enough stuff to sell in order to buy top-notch peripherals.

For that kind of budget i would say get a Steelseries Siberia 200 headphones on sale. With $46 you're not going to get a good mechanical keyboard. While people may say they are good and all, i can sell many things going wrong with a keyboard like that after some time. You can also buy something like a $5 wired logitech keyboard to use and save up $80 to buy atleast Kailh switchs. I just wouldn't recommend trusting these $30-40 mechanical keyboards. Cherry switches cost something like $1 for each single one.

Or you could save up a bit more and buy that CM Storm with Cherry switches or Kailh switches.