Thoughts on my Audio Setup?

Okjoek

_________

- Sennheiser HD201 over-ear Headphones https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007XJSQC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

~ $17

My "daily driver" headphones I really like them

- Rerii Microphone https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0140ZVSQU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

~ $13

Great for Online gaming and Skype calling my friends. Much better than any headset microphone and I can replace it without needing to replace headphones themselves for better customization to my setup.

- Logitech Z323 Speaker System https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Speaker-System-Z323-Subwoofer/dp/B002FU5QM0/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1468670630&sr=1-5&keywords=logitech+2.1+speakers

~ $50

They're a gift and they're alright considering I've never had a PC speaker system featuring a subwofer before. They make all the noises I need them to much like all previous speakers I've owned.

_________

I'm not shopping for new audio equipment, but looking down the road there's a few ideas I have when the time eventually comes. The Headphones are the nicest I've ever used and the microphone works great despite that I've never heard the brand before. When added up this is an 80 dollar complete setup most of which when counted went into the speakers I received from my Mom as a Christmas gift. The speakers are good I guess considering I'm used to speakers costing under 20 dollars, but since I don't have a job yet I can't exactly treat audio like a money-sink just because audiophiles scream at me to. I guess they're utilitarian enough for me.

So what do you think? I intend for these items to last a good long time so I don't intend to buy anything new anytime soon, but when that day does come how do you think I should adjust the budget?

I'm going to go ahead and say if you like it and the way it sounds, then your setup is great. If at some point you begin finding fault with anything you have, then start looking to replace pieces.

If you like the sound, it's good.

Me personally, I would hate that.

Headphones are alright, speakers are pretty bad.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

3 hours ago, spwath said:

If you like the sound, it's good.

Me personally, I would hate that.

Headphones are alright, speakers are pretty bad.

Do you think I could've gotten speakers at the 50 dollar price point that you would consider satisfying? If not how much do you think should be dished out for a PC speaker?

52 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

Do you think I could've gotten speakers at the 50 dollar price point that you would consider satisfying? If not how much do you think should be dished out for a PC speaker?

Probably not. I spent 100$ plus 30$ amp, but both those were used. New speakers i would consider 100$ ok, I would rather spend more, if I has it.

But that's me. If you don't have the budget for that, and enjoy what you have, them that's fine.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

5 hours ago, Okjoek said:

Given your budgetary constraint, that setup is fine as long as you like and enjoy them. No point trying for speakers at the $50 pricepoint, I don't think they'd sound any better. These should last you a while so just enjoy them for now....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Headphones - Nothing special. If you like the sound, great. Just make sure they are comfortable for you to wear for 4+ hours minimum. Just be weary that as soon as you try on a more enthusiast set of cans you will get a little jealous.

Microphone - Any mic is good enough unless its a headset mic. 

Speakers - Personally I have been using the M-Audio AV40's for the past 5 years since I bought them. $130ish on amazon right now and I would really recommend them for you later own the line. I can't stand the audio products logitech makes.