Looking for a new keyboard with Blue switches

QRCodeKiller

Hello all,

I'm currently on the market for a new keyboard with Blue equivalents. I previously had a blue switch, and i'm missing the satisfying feeling of typing on them. I will be using them for typing. I destroyed my Filco by accident.

So far, i would hope my budget doesn't exceed $120. I have found some options but have no idea which one is better for the price. The boards look very similar, with both being metal PCB mounted while both having media keys and volume scroll.

Azio MGK-RGB with Kailh Blues for $79

Corsair K70 with Cherry MX Blues for $115 (non-RGB)

Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate for $139 (no backlighting)

I would prefer RGB slightly more than a mono-colour backlighting, its not a deal breaker for me. While i have tested some Cherry Blues in the past, i could not use them for very long as they had issues with some switches not 'clicking' and feeling mushy. i really dislike any massive inconsistency in the switches. I have never used Kailh before so need some opinions about that, but they seem to be much cheaper.

cougar 700k? 

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

1 hour ago, SparkySamZa said:

cougar 700k? 

i would preferably would like a more minimalistic design. also main issue is i have to buy off amazon and i cant seem to find a cougar 700k with blues. 

Honestly get cheapest one with cherry blues from brand you heard before. I love my g710 cheap but works.

I haven't completely used a Kailh switch before, as in have it at home and type away on it for a week. But from my personal experience, except for my broken Das and Blackwidow 2013 keyboard, all the cherry blue's i have used were inconsistent. The closest keyboard that came to consistency was the K70 RGB LUX. While the normal keys was consistent, i don't know why but all the large keys, backspace, shift, enter etc, felt linear and very hard to press, like it was more than double a cherry mx black's actuation force. The 2 Kailh keyboards i used were more consistent. Of course there was some consistency but i don't mean like it had no tactile bump, or no click sound inconsistent that i experienced with the Cherry MX Blue boards. But then again, my friends CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate is very consistent and nice.