Sean-
Go to solution Solved by TrigrH,

okay, had to think about this one for a while, best solution:

get a super long flexible SLI bridge

+ a flexible PCIE riser.

and mount the card lower.

-----

oh and BTW:

you are seriously damaging your motherboard separating the cards like that, REMOVE IT and underclock the gpus for now.

I have the Zotac 980 GTX Ti AMP EXTREME in SLI (ill include a picture below)

ASUS Maximus Hero VIII board

With the size of the cards, there basically touching so the top cards fans are completely blocked off

Im getting some really high temps (91 degrees) on the top card, and around 70 on the bottom card when under load

Ive had to separate the cards as you can see in the picture to lower the temps

Someone mentioned in another thread i cannot use the bottom PCIe slot so my cards would be separated, so im not sure what i can do to fix the temp issue?

I have a Lian Li PC-08 case. The 240mm space above the GFX cards is used for my radiator and liquid CPU cooler, and i have a 120mm intake fan above left of the top card (as seen in the picture)

All ideas welcomed

Thank you

img_33834.jpg

for starters, u can make the bottom card your primary card if u havent already, so you can take some load off the top card

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Get a bunch of front intakes blowing toward the graphics cards.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

7 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

for starters, u can make the bottom card your primary card if u havent already, so you can take some load off the top card

Thats a great idea thank you

6 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Get a bunch of front intakes blowing toward the graphics cards.

There isnt anywhere for them, i have the 120mm intake above left blowing across the top of the GPU, and on the top of the cube shaped case blowing down through the radiator i have 2x 120mm fans

mount some fans so they blow on the sides of the cards. the cpu area is probably toasty too. why would you need two of those cards anyways?

1 minute ago, LabRat said:

mount some fans so they blow on the sides of the cards. the cpu area is probably toasty too. why would you need two of those cards anyways?

Theres nowhere to put them, its tempered glass to the side of them

4 minutes ago, Sean- said:

Thats a great idea thank you

There isnt anywhere for them, i have the 120mm intake above left blowing across the top of the GPU, and on the top of the cube shaped case blowing down through the radiator i have 2x 120mm fans

Ghetto mount some 120/140mm fans to the side of the cards?

You could also buy watercooling brackets.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

+ a flexible PCIE riser.

-----

oh and BTW:

you are seriously damaging your motherboard separating the cards like that, REMOVE IT and underclock the gpus for now.

3 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Ghetto mount some 120/140mm fans to the side of the cards?

You could also buy watercooling brackets.

Yea i was thinking that may be the only way to drop the top card 20 degrees would be to watercool it, but ive never done it before so was a little weary

3 minutes ago, Sean- said:

Yea i was thinking that may be the only way to drop the top card 20 degrees would be to watercool it, but ive never done it before so was a little weary

I think Corsair and NZXT have GPU AIO coolers.

✨PC Specs✨

4 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

+ a flexible PCIE riser.

-----

oh and BTW:

Thats perfect!!

I only did it to test the temps, it was removed after 5 mins!

Thank you!!

6 minutes ago, Sean- said:

One other thing.. can i use a 3 or 4 way SLI bridge, even with just 2 cards? Like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/111706732639?lpid=122&chn=ps&googleloc=9046498&poi=&campaignid=620865095&device=c&adgroupid=27378760866&rlsatarget=pla-181484362146&adtype=pla&crdt=0

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Sean- said:

Thats perfect!!

I only did it to test the temps, it was removed after 5 mins!

Thank you!!

only problem is (if you plan to screw the card in lower) your motherboard has a lot of stuff:

bNaq3XIpJXfZ2GEm_setting_000_1_90_end_50

so it might be hard to find a place to sit the riser :/

5 minutes ago, Sean- said:

the 4way bridge says it only supports 4-way, the others are fine:

2-WAY: 2-WAY-S & 2-WAY-M
3-WAY: 2-WAY-L & 3-WAY
4-WAY: 4-WAY

https://www.asus.com/au/Graphics-Cards-Accessory/ROG_Enthusiast_SLI_Bridge/overview/

3 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

the 4way bridge says it only supports 4-way, the others are fine:

https://www.asus.com/au/Graphics-Cards-Accessory/ROG_Enthusiast_SLI_Bridge/overview/

So now its just a case of fitting it all in ha. The USB 3.0 which is below the bottom GPU can be moved if i use a USB 3.0 splitter in the other USB 3.0 slot. Everything else down there is really small and i think will fit ok behind the gfx card if i just drop it down a little bit.. hopefully ha