Just started Folding

So I had a new gaming PC built in may, and found out about folding last week, so i've decided to dedicate all of my free computing power to it.

Currently i'm running an MSI 980Ti OC by 100Mhz core clock and 400 Mhz memory clock with after burner, an i7 6700k OC to 4.4 Ghz (was running stable at 4.8 Ghz for a few days but decided to dial it back for saftey sake) with a 240mm AIO corsai 105H, with some playing around with my case fan setting's i'm getting constant stable temps of 60-63 C on the CPU and i've set the GPU thermal limit at 75 C which gives me 91-95% GPU utilisation, so far in a full week of folding 24/7 I haven't had a single crash.

I've just joined the linus team, but have a total so far of 1.9 million points, pretty happy with that.

My brother, Mother and Mother in law all have medical conditions that the research they're doing may help which is my motivation to contribute.

Wellcome to the club! Pretty conservative GPU temp limit you have there, you could go higher if you wante4d to no problem.

But anyways, PM @Whaler_99 to get your forum badge.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

4 hours ago, ttoks said:

So I had a new gaming PC built in may, and found out about folding last week, so i've decided to dedicate all of my free computing power to it.

Currently i'm running an MSI 980Ti OC by 100Mhz core clock and 400 Mhz memory clock with after burner, an i7 6700k OC to 4.4 Ghz (was running stable at 4.8 Ghz for a few days but decided to dial it back for saftey sake) with a 240mm AIO corsai 105H, with some playing around with my case fan setting's i'm getting constant stable temps of 60-63 C on the CPU and i've set the GPU thermal limit at 75 C which gives me 91-95% GPU utilisation, so far in a full week of folding 24/7 I haven't had a single crash.

I've just joined the linus team, but have a total so far of 1.9 million points, pretty happy with that.

My brother, Mother and Mother in law all have medical conditions that the research they're doing may help which is my motivation to contribute.

Welcome to the team!

Your GHz is appreciated ; ).  

Everything you need to know is pretty much in the stickies - but the major points are:

• Linus Techtips Team #: 223518
  • Get a passkey to activate your quick return bonus (extra points for speedy results)
  • Your stats/team rankings/etc. can be found at folding.extremeoverclocking.com, just browse to the appropriate page to find your info.

You'll be shooting up in the ranks pretty fast with a 980ti under the hood :)

Hope your family members benefit from our efforts!

- Pete

Folding For Linus since July 2015

2 hours ago, Imakuni said:

Wellcome to the club! Pretty conservative GPU temp limit you have there, you could go higher if you wante4d to no problem.

But anyways, PM @Whaler_99 to get your forum badge.

i know pretty conservative, but i won't be able to afford to replace any expensive components any time soon, and i'm getting good productivity out of it so i figure that's alright, and thanks for the welcome!

I'm not interested in any badges or anything though.

7 hours ago, ttoks said:

i know pretty conservative, but i won't be able to afford to replace any expensive components any time soon, and i'm getting good productivity out of it so i figure that's alright, and thanks for the welcome!

I'm not interested in any badges or anything though.

If not for you, do it to let other users know about it. If it wasn't for me seeing the folding badge, I would have never even known about F@H (though I was already a long time Boinc user).

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome, and yes with that hardware you'll get points fast, you will pass me up in about 4 weeks if we both fold 24/7