Surface Pro 4 dropped Wi-fi connection

This is an issue that has been annoying me for a few weeks. Every so many minutes, the Surface Pro 4 drops its wifi connection. I tried changing the registry entry suggested on other sites and that aids temporarily. The surface than slows down  to a crawl instead of dropping the signal and then it finally drops the signal. It's an annoying issue. I also tried reinstalling the hardware drivers for the wifi card and that didn't fix a thing.

Anything else I could try?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Are you sure the issue is isolated to your Surface? Is it possible that the issue could be with interference from other access points or the router you're using?

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

On 7/14/2016 at 6:41 PM, failblox said:

Are you sure the issue is isolated to your Surface? Is it possible that the issue could be with interference from other access points or the router you're using?

It's isolated to the Surface, none of the other wireless devices in the house exhibit this issue. I had the issue confirmed by MS, but they claim that it may be a hardware issue because they went through all the troubleshooting and such that they had been doing with the majority of Surface Pro 4's during the past few months and it did not fix the issue.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

49 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

It's isolated to the Surface, none of the other wireless devices in the house exhibit this issue. I had the issue confirmed by MS, but they claim that it may be a hardware issue because they went through all the troubleshooting and such that they had been doing with the majority of Surface Pro 4's during the past few months and it did not fix the issue.

Perhaps you could try plugging a wifi adapter into your Surface via USB and see if you can get internet through that just for testing purposes.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

3 hours ago, failblox said:

Perhaps you could try plugging a wifi adapter into your Surface via USB and see if you can get internet through that just for testing purposes.

I need to go pick one up. The only ones I have available are all PCIe.

1 minute ago, Scruffy90 said:

I need to go pick one up. The only ones I have available are all PCIe.

It could even be a solution to your problem - I know it won't be that great, but perhaps you could get one of those nano-sized ones that barely sticks out. If Microsoft is correct and it is a hardware problem, then the only other way you're gonna fix it is by opening up your Surface and seeing what you can do from there.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

1 minute ago, failblox said:

It could even be a solution to your problem - I know it won't be that great, but perhaps you could get one of those nano-sized ones that barely sticks out. If Microsoft is correct and it is a hardware problem, then the only other way you're gonna fix it is by opening up your Surface and seeing what you can do from there.

That's what they suggested I do after remoting into my PC. They said that the majority of Wi-fi issues with the pro 4 and book are related to drivers and general windows 10 issues, but in my case, none of the solutions they tested worked for very long. I'll probably take it  to a MS store since there one close by and see what they say.