Wifi card

Piemanfood

Hey guys so I just got a 6 year old prebuilt desktop for my brother so he can finally have a pc. After cleaning it all up and doing a clean factory reset I noticed it didn't have a wifi card prebuilt into it. It has a pcie slot for one so I was just wondering what would be a good one for him to use so he can connect to the internet. 

11 minutes ago, Piemanfood said:

Hey guys so I just got a 6 year old prebuilt desktop for my brother so he can finally have a pc. After cleaning it all up and doing a clean factory reset I noticed it didn't have a wifi card prebuilt into it. It has a pcie slot for one so I was just wondering what would be a good one for him to use so he can connect to the internet. 

is it the small PCIe slots like the X4s? if it is try the TPlink n900 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

9 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

is it the small PCIe slots like the X4s? if it is try the TPlink n900 

I think it is there is already a network card in the slot but its for a Ethernet cable 

1 minute ago, Piemanfood said:

I think it is there is already a network card in the slot but its for a Ethernet cable 

do you know the model of the prebuilt,? if there is a NIC in there for ethernet why not remove the NIC card and put the WIFI card in there instead. 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

6 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

do you know the model of the prebuilt,? if there is a NIC in there for ethernet why not remove the NIC card and put the WIFI card in there instead. 

I dont wish I did and that was what I was thinking of doing since the one in there isnt doing anything for him